What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

She would get mad if she knew I posted that picture- no makeup, with puffy eyes, and hair just out of bed that morning, but it's one of my favorite pictures.  That dog was just passing through our yard that morning, and we had two stray farm dogs show up who looked a lot like that in years past, that ended up staying with us.   That one was walking with someone on our road.

I found her on the side of the road, one night after midnight, in a broken down MGB, when I was away from home helping a friend work on a 1777 house in 1977.  We've been together ever since.   That picture was taken a couple of years ago.

9 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I found her on the side of the road, one night after midnight, in a broken down MGB, when I was away from home helping a friend work on a 1777 house in 1977.  We've been together ever since.   That picture was taken a couple of years ago.

So, you found the dog in a broken down MGB, when did you meet your wife:D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, Werker.

The gel stain and dye were both on my mind.  I don't have a sprayer, but have done something similar to what you suggest on a previous project using Van Dyke Brown glaze over a pre-coat.

I'll be in the big city in a few days and will pick up some gel stain.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 4:39 AM, mat60 said:

Working in shop after I get done with this. Ill be glad to send some your way if you like.:)

100_0562.JPG

3 Nor’easters in a row, surprised your shop is not buried, bring on spring!  I used to live in Waterville and Madawaska, I feel your pain.  We get lots of snow in N. Idaho but nothing like the winds and snow drifts of the East.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chet said:

Working on the dining room table but had a small diversion.  Every Saint Paddy's day when corned beef goes on sale we pick up a bunch of extra and I put them on the smoker to make pastrami.

Nice! Never tried pastrami. That is one serious smoker you have there Chet. I got into it a few years ago but haven't strayed to far from the usual chicken, ribs, bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp. looking to try brisket this year. I use quite a few recipies off of Jeff Phillips site Smoking-meat.com

• Like 1