What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

The only backup camera I'm interested in is one on the back of my RV..I would still use my mirrors for backing anyway but a quick look in camera would be nice. The problem with cameras is some people stop using there mirrors and are two lazy to turn there head now a days..

• Like 2

Alison has a backup camera. Didn’t help in this case because she wasn’t backing up. Then again, it didn’t help when she backed out of the carport into the rock planter wall a few months ago. She’s a good candidate for an autonomous car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

My Wife is really good about not hitting things that aren't moving, but I told her last year that she really should get a Deer hunting license.   She said the Vultures, and Eagles need to eat too.

So your wife is eco-friendly. Mine stopped being friendly long time ago.

4 hours ago, RichardA said:

Here's where you find out how undefeated I can be, I have 6 count'em 6 ex wives.  Some women are in marriage for the benifits.  I was a long haul truck driver making really damn decent money, and I was rarely home. All 6 of them found that to be ideal.  No husband home to pester them, a damn decent deposit every week, what more could a woman want. Of those 6 there is a total of 5 1/2 years divided among them.  Number 7, is rock solid for more than 20 years.

The problem was when you came home. Looking down at all those beavers or better put, seat cover's. A feller gets pretty damn pent-up. :D  Ahhh, roger that!

-Ace-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

For some reason i decided that i needed to flatten my bench today.

There were 1/16th inch gapes in some places. I don't ever suggest doing a pine bench unless you let that stuff dry for 9 months.

Looks great! Do you flatten it with a hand plane? if yes, what's you plane of choice for that?

9 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Looks great! Do you flatten it with a hand plane? if yes, what's you plane of choice for that?

Used #7 mostly and did some clean up with the #4 where grain direction was being unruly.

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Why do you have a live edge on one end? That would just bug the s*#t out of me:D

Do you mean the baords that aren't cut flush? It's like that on both ends so it's symetrical ish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, Tom King said:

My Wife is really good about not hitting things that aren't moving, but I told her last year that she really should get a Deer hunting license.   She said the Vultures, and Eagles need to eat too.

Are you married to Josey Wales?