Christmas Dining Table

Chestnut

42 minutes ago, Chet said:

It's looking pretty good Drew.  And you are going to have a large handful of days to spare before Christmas

I have 1 more fast project to wrap up before Christmas day. But it isn't complicated so it should go fast. Well i hope it goes fast I only have 10 days left.

Wow, just Wow Drew, what a beautiful table, thanks for the ride on this one and don't be hurt if i don't show my wife, she would want one and i know I'm not at your level yet. Now i just have to use my spare time between midnight and 6 in the morning to just try to keep up with you. Man the older it get the prettier its going to look. well done sir!

• Thanks 1

That came out great and done in plenty of time. Those leaves really add some table size when in place.  I just showed this to the wife as I keep talking about replacing our store-bought table with something out of the shop.  I've kind of promised myself that the table will wait till I am happy with the chairs.  Could be awhile ;-)  Be sure to put a reminder on your calendar to post another picture next year to show off how beautifully the color has warmed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gee-dub said:

That came out great and done in plenty of time. Those leaves really add some table size when in place.  I just showed this to the wife as I keep talking about replacing our store-bought table with something out of the shop.  I've kind of promised myself that the table will wait till I am happy with the chairs.  Could be awhile ;-)  Be sure to put a reminder on your calendar to post another picture next year to show off how beautifully the color has warmed up.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.594c0a3a7c5f1acf60162797e7f27f45.jpg

I have a feeling that after putting it in use I'm going to cut the leaves in half and add 2 more latches so i can have small medium and large. The 20" extension is a lot and the table ends would be more sturdy with 2 10" extensions than 1 20" extension. So when i shamelessly flaunt it next year I'll let you know what i did there. Oh yeah it's my dad's birthday today.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I have a feeling that after putting it in use I'm going to cut the leaves in half and add 2 more latches so i can have small medium and large.

We have been extremely happy with this feature on our table.  It is surprising how often you use that in between size.  You actually end up with five size options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Great job.  Bit what did Megan say?

You know that brass rod trick or a gowel might just be a good idea to design in from the get go.

She has been traveling for work last week and this week so she hasn't seen it yet. She doesn't get excited about anything so the typical response is a flat "looks good". It's only ever more than that if the response is negative. Also she doesn't want the table, i do. She would eat at the couch every day and that bothers me to no end. So this is for myself and my response is I %#$*@^ love it.

I should have done the other side at the same time but i didn't. It is something that could be done for the knockdown design that or make the ends a bit longer. I should admit i may have installed the wedges to firmly.

34 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

That table needs to be signed and dated. Beautiful and useful. What time is dinner? An heirloom!!!

Done, usually around 5:30.