New Table Saw

..Kev

Just now, pkinneb said:

What the heck???? That's utterly ridiculous what guideline did you not meet? The if it isn't a good review we won't allow it guideline! I have purchased thousands of dollars in equipment form Acme over the years and this is frankly absurd! I wasn't that bothered by this event (sorry Kev) becuase lemons do happen but to sensor reviews is just flat wrong and really has my blood boiling!!!

Now you understand my frustration as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

Now you understand my frustration as well.

Yep and if I had your video skills I would be making a video on Acme's BS customer service on this, send them the link, and tell them when they post your honest and 100% accurate review of the product you received you will consider taking the video down! 

1 minute ago, pkinneb said:

Yep and if I had your video skills I would be making a video on Acme's BS customer service on this, send them the link, and tell them when they post your honest and 100% accurate review of the product you received you will consider taking the video down! 

IF I make such a video, it won't come down.  Other woodworkers being warned is far more important than anything ACME Tools can do!

I'll probably file a complaint with the ND Attorney General and the BBB in the morning.  I don't expect much but, it will be on record with them that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

I wasn't that bothered by this event (sorry Kev) becuase lemons do happen but to sensor reviews is just flat wrong and really has my blood boiling!!!

I should also add that your response I took as very normal and was not offended in any way..  You are correct that lemons happen.  

8 hours ago, ..Kev said:

You are correct that lemons happen.  

The customer service that results from said lemmon is a different thing all together. I tried calling in once and it wasn't great but when i talk to the regional rep that visits the stores, that guy got stuff done for me. Ordering online that is a lot harder.

• Like 1

I'll be dropping a video this week as an update to what's going on with the saw.  The biggest part is the censorship by ACME!  

Through my public postings and comments about this issue, it would seem this is quite prevalent which is not a good thing for us as the consumers!  I should say that I'm not entirely surprised that reviews are being manipulated but, I am very disappointed, in today's environment, there isn't a real place for people to go to get legitimate reviews on products!

Anyway, for you guys, here's my latest update on the saw and ACME Tool's response to my review.  This will be released publicly early in the week.

Wow.*

I'm only just catching up on this thread, and that's about all I can say.  The PM brand carries such weight for a lot of people, and although every brand has issues/lemons, seeing it handled like this is pretty eye opening.  Although they finally shipped a new saw, it really should not have gone that far.  At least equally as amazing is Acme's handling of your reviews.  We all know that review censorship happens....still doesn't make it acceptable.

Good luck with the new saw!

*With some of the guys I work with, "wow" generally means "I cannot f-ing believe (a) you just said that, (b) you just did that, or (c) that just happened.

1 hour ago, Jfitz said:

Wow.*

I'm only just catching up on this thread, and that's about all I can say.  The PM brand carries such weight for a lot of people, and although every brand has issues/lemons, seeing it handled like this is pretty eye opening.  Although they finally shipped a new saw, it really should not have gone that far.  At least equally as amazing is Acme's handling of your reviews.  We all know that review censorship happens....still doesn't make it acceptable.

Good luck with the new saw!

*With some of the guys I work with, "wow" generally means "I cannot f-ing believe (a) you just said that, (b) you just did that, or (c) that just happened.

Thanks..  I know I certainly won't be ordering anything from ACME in the future, and that includes through Amazon.  I also highly doubt there will be any more PM products added to my shop.  I still have a couple things I want for the shop but, I'll be looking at other options.

I think by far the most egregious fault in this whole saga is Acme's censoring of the review. Powermatic's issues are due to incompetence or apathy on the part of employees and/or management, but Acme has consciously chosen to falsify their review system.

To me that is the same as lying straight to the customer's face. I don't think I'd ever want to do business with them again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drzaius said:

I think by far the most egregious fault in this whole saga is Acme's censoring of the review. Powermatic's issues are due to incompetence or apathy on the part of employees and/or management, but Acme has consciously chosen to falsify their review system.

To me that is the same as lying straight to the customer's face. I don't think I'd ever want to do business with them again.

Amen! I will not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drzaius said:

I actually filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney General.  Both sent ACME notice of the complaint.  The AG office called me and told me this is really common.  However, since it's a private business there's really not much they can do.  They can manipulate reviews pretty much any way they want.  They did say that if there were enough complaints, that would give them more leverage to make change but, not many people complain.  She said people just tend to move on rather than get involved.

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Just one more reason not to bother reviewing the reviews.

Strangely enough I only read the negative reviews to see if there is a pattern of a problem that would concern me. Now at least I know if its all good something nefarious is probably going on. I naively never even considered a vendor would alter/remove online reviews.

• Like 1

I usually read the reviews that are 3 stars or less. The 5 stars are almost invariably useless, mostly populated with comments like "this is the best (insert product here) ever!" or "absolutely perfect". I also ignore reviews where the submitter just slams the product without any useful information about what is wrong with it.

Update from ACME..  Seems I finally got their attention as well..  Also, for the record, it was submitted on multiple occasions because it was denied on each occasion.

I would like to start by apologizing that your review isn't currently published on our website.  We have run into an issue as the review was submitted several times and that caused it to be pulled off of our website.  We have been working with the company that moderates these reviews for us as we feel it is an honest review that should be published.   The issue is currently being addressed by an escalated team.  As soon as we hear back from them that it will be published on our site again, I will let you know.  

Also, if you have any issues with the replacement saw, let us know and I'll have a team dedicated to making sure you are taken care of. 

Thanks again for your business and for your patience while we work to resolve this. 

Have a great day,
Bill Rieger
Ecommerce Manager
Acme Tools