New Table Saw

..Kev

3 hours ago, ..Kev said:

Part of the trouble shooting the guy wanted me to do was a test cut...lol. I tried to tell him the saw wouldn't run long enough to do a test cut..  He asked me to try anyway..  Tripped the breaker in less than 3 seconds...lol

I'm afraid that little paragraph tells you about all you need to know about their tech support.

• Like 2

Well......thats good news :mellow: i think we will all be interested it what a saw that's been tested looks like and performs, i would hope that this one is up to the "gold standard " and you can get back to work and put this in the rear view mirror, rough ride Kev i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

8 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Well......thats good news :mellow: i think we will all be interested it what a saw that's been tested looks like and performs, i would hope that this one is up to the "gold standard " and you can get back to work and put this in the rear view mirror, rough ride Kev i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

Thanks..  I would be less than honest if I said I had a lot of faith in the replacement saw..  I'll certainly put it through its paces and we'll see.

8 hours ago, Chestnut said:

With so many triggers have the saws developed bearing issues? With how much force is involved i feel like repeated triggers are goign to cause premature bearing failure or at least ruin the tolerances and cause more blade runout.

Changing the force direction to down is a good way to give the force an outlet, that isn't going to go directly into the bearings and support bushings on the saw.

They have all been on different saw, I think only one of them has done it twice, so no apparent issues to this point

3 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I hope it works out for you young'un, remember theres always a Grizz 1023 with "real" customer service available, if this one hits the septic tank.

Was probably the direction I was going if they'd of refunded.

7 minutes ago, Minnesota Steve said:

That's really good to hear.   I suspect they want the saw back so engineering can analyze it and understand exactly what's wrong.

I'm sure this is cheaper for the company to ship a new saw than sit there and try to fix the current one by randomly sending out parts.

I think they said it's going to Washington, not sure what they have there?  My gut tells me it would have been ultimately cheaper for them to refund my money.  A saw that comes to me gets used much more than a weekend warrior who can afford an expensive saw as a decoration during the week.

28 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

I think they said it's going to Washington, not sure what they have there?  My gut tells me it would have been ultimately cheaper for them to refund my money.  A saw that comes to me gets used much more than a weekend warrior who can afford an expensive saw as a decoration during the week.

It'll get loaded on a ship and sent back to it's birth place........China.

1 hour ago, ..Kev said:

1 hour ago, Tpt life said:

Social media... Refund would not look quite right. 

Cheaper in the short run, yes. But then they end up with someone who will never buy another PM tool and will always advise against it to their friends/followers. By giving you a new saw, there’s a chance (even if only slight) that you will come around and your faith in them will be restored. Customers that have an issue that is resolved to a satisfactory level are more likely to recommend the company/product to others. 

Plus, they will most likely refurbish or remanufacture your saw and use it as a demo or sell at a discount so it won’t be a total loss. 

2 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Cheaper in the short run, yes. But then they end up with someone who will never buy another PM tool and will always advise against it to their friends/followers. By giving you a new saw, there’s a chance (even if only slight) that you will come around and your faith in them will be restored. Customers that have an issue that is resolved to a satisfactory level are more likely to recommend the company/product to others. 

Plus, they will most likely refurbish or remanufacture your saw and use it as a demo or sell at a discount so it won’t be a total loss. 

There's 0 chance that I'll buy another PM product and I made that pretty clear.  I will leave my negative reviews posted and will not pull them down.  People need to be warned to not spend their money on this saw!

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

It’s a disappointing story. I’d think the owner of this website would be concerned, seeing as how he has a shop full of gold standard machinery. Surely he knows someone there who could make this right for you and turn your opinion around. Although that doesn’t help the average Joe...

He's sponsored by them and I have left his name out of everything deliberately.  I've publicly bashed PM pretty hard and I don't want to create any issues for Marc.  I certainly wouldn't ask him to use his connections to help me with a product that's under warranty.

Yes, it's been a crappy ride. But, on the bright side there's now a lot more information out there for others to read before making their buying decisions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodbutcher said:

Glad they are doing the right thing and replacing the saw. Lets say that this new saw gives you the same crap a year down the road. Will PM just keep replacing the saw?

I am assuming that this new saw WILL give me crap a year down the road as I really don't have any faith in the saw or the brand.  It's possible they send another new saw.  It's also possible that they refund.  Time will tell.  Regardless, by that time, I'll have (I hope) a larger following on YT and IG which means a larger base to see all the negative reviews and posts.  Ultimately, it was that pressure that finally got them and ACME to step up on this saw.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

I am assuming that this new saw WILL give me crap a year down the road as I really don't have any faith in the saw or the brand.  It's possible they send another new saw.  It's also possible that they refund.  Time will tell.  Regardless, by that time, I'll have (I hope) a larger following on YT and IG which means a larger base to see all the negative reviews and posts.  Ultimately, it was that pressure that finally got them and ACME to step up on this saw.

Whats your IG handle?

EDIT: nevermind, saw your signature here.

Subscribed

Edited by woodbutcher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, will the repair guy pick up the lemon or do you have to crate it and ship it back? 

The repair guy will be here when we open up the new one as he's doing the install and set up.  He'll package the old one but, it will be a freight company that picks it up I'm sure.  If he wants to take the lemon, I'll certainly help him load it!

The Lemon has had all the decent parts pulled off ready for it to go back to PM..  I haven't removed the power cord yet as I don't recall if I only needed the plug or the entire cord...lol

IMG_0599.jpg