Shop Shoe/Boots

ChrisG-Canada

What is your preferred shoe/boot option for wearing in your shop (and what kind of shop floor do you have)?

My shop used to be a garage so I have a concrete floor.  I also have a few anti-fatigue mats I got from Grizzly (which I like and definitely notice the difference).

I've been wearing a pair of older running shoes (good quality New Balance shoes) but at the end of the day my feet are hurting quite a bit so I'm hoping to learn from your experiences before I go buy new footwear.  I know I could buy 'work boot/shoes' but I don't find most of them very comfortable and I don't like the extra weight.

i should mention that I'm not the slimmest guy you'll ever meet so that may be a bit of an issue as well.

I'll be the first one to get in trouble. . I never wear shoes in or around my house,  shop included.  I have really high arches and had to train my feet as a kid to not hurt without support. I don't really care for wearing shoes so I just don't.  It also forces me to keep the floor clean.  Too many times I've walked by the band saw and caught a sharp wedge in the foot.  Time to sweep.

I where just work boots but the wife just bought me some decent ruining shoes and I hope my feet like them better on concrete every day..I think the mats would help me also..I would get some comfortable shoes as said..

"Just work boots" sounds a bit dangerous. I know how the Sawstop does on fingers but . . . ?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It toughens your feet up to enable you to hunt quail in South Texas without shoes;)

I already knew you were crazy! I've seen the occasional chisel or brad point drill bit roll off the bench enough to know I need shoes on! Don't y'all have giant instant death snakes down there? Seems walking around barefoot is a bad idea, but that's just my opinion for what it's worth...:rolleyes: