Double Secret Blanket Chest Build

Eric.

11 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Looking good, Eric! How is the big white van working out? Can it carry a sheet of ply inside, or is it full of seats?

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

I like the van okay.  It doesn't quite get the mileage I'd hoped for but it has a ton of cargo space and it's perfect for my business.  No seats in the back, wide open...and you could stack plywood in there until the tires burst.

5 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Eric, whose flush trim saw do you use?

:D

I was waiting for someone to say something.  That's my beat up Marples junker that I keep for exactly this purpose...sawing gluey dowels.  I also have a very nice flush trim saw that hangs in the tool cabinet and is only used on clean wood.  That Marples is one of the best pieces of junk I've ever bought though...never seems to dull and keeps cutting even with the glue clogging up the teeth...and it was only like ten bucks or so.

One last update before we wrap this up for good forever thank dog.  The construction is done.  I mortised for the lid stays yesterday, and this morning we trimmed the lids to final size, did some finish sanding up to 220...

DSC_0003_3.jpg

Blew out the shop and gave them a once over with the vac...

DSC_0009_2.jpg

and applied the first coat of finish...

No more pics until they're done.  It's anti-climactic otherwise. :)

• Like 1

Yep, of course, you guys know me.  Originally I wanted to spray them with lacquer because I have this Fuji and it just sits and collects dust...and I think this would have been the perfect project both for spraying and for lacquer.  But in the end I fell back to my comfort zone and went with the ARS...again...as usual.  But hey, on the bright side - no surprises, no disappointments.  And I did buy a gallon this time...that's a first! :D