Sand Paper Storage

Coop

I have sandpaper stacked and laying everywhere. No organization what-so-ever, not that I'm known for being organized. For those that have their act together better than I do, would you post pics of how you store your sheets and discs?

I don't have pics, but been thinking of a strip of wood with dowels that come out in 3 paces to hold ROS paper. So all grits would be side by side. To put a sheet of paper on the sander, you just push it onto the dowels and it sticks. 

This is the best idea I've seen so far (not mine) 

4 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Ken, here is my solution.  I use a 1/4" plywood spacer with 120,180,220 written on it.  I have about 400 pieces in there. 

20160316_211135.jpg

I'm loving that table top (I assume) in the background. What species of wood have you got in there? Any Project Showcase post that I may have missed perhaps?

One of the large boxes has sleeves of sheets along with sponges and hand blocks, and one of the small boxes has disks.  There is a dedicated small box for the Sand-O-Flex drill and all the inserts that go in the head.   They keep really well over years in the airtight, and watertight boxes.

edited to add:  I knew I was forgetting something.  Sanding belts are in the boxes with the belt sanders.  Each one gets its own box.

003 (640x480).jpg

8 hours ago, Dewald Swanepoel said:

I'm loving that table top (I assume) in the background. What species of wood have you got in there? Any Project Showcase post that I may have missed perhaps?

Not quite a tabletop.  This was a quick glue up of scraps destined for the trash. It ended up as a big wall hanging clock. From what I can see,  it's got w oak, walnut,  h/s maple,  cherry,  ppl heart,  padeuk, ash and canary wood.