Hijack!

Llama

I'm thinking about doing my first project with finishing before assembling. 

This is a box that will go under my computer monitor. (you are looking at the backside). Two little drawers on top and space for the keyboard to slide in below. It will certainly be too narrow to finish after I assemble it. Is finishing before glue up really as simple as keeping some blue tape on the glue surfaces? Anything else I should be watching out for?

My thought is to finish all the internal faces and leave the outside to finish after it is assembled as I'm anticipating a complicated clamp up, and can't see myself pulling that off without screwing up some of that finish.

Thanks!

IMG_20171119_215026578.thumb.jpg.da799964fd1634e75fabbb2593dd0188.jpgIMG_20171119_215015000.thumb.jpg.0416c0c9c537413be3fc34ec66673a9c.jpg

IMG_20171119_215020833.thumb.jpg.0353c24c8d822ddae03a830fa308e425.jpg

6 hours ago, Chestnut said:

It's really late I'm super tired and i don't think this is how this goes together.

Looks good to me. Plug it in and fire it up! What's the worst that can happen?

seriously though, that is going to be a sweet setup. Me and the extend-o hose are jealous!

A bright light came on today and for me, that’s a rarity. Due to the recent flood, I had to replace all of my baseboards and door casing and am just finishing sanding the vinyl spackling finish nail filler. I guess I was in a hurry when I applied it as there is more than just in the hole. After getting to the last room it occurred to me that this stuff is water soluble and that moistened wet/dry paper would be better. Walla! Just throwing this out there for the .0001% that didn’t already know:mellow:

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

A bright light came on today and for me, that’s a rarity. Due to the recent flood, I had to replace all of my baseboards and door casing and am just finishing sanding the vinyl spackling finish nail filler. I guess I was in a hurry when I applied it as there is more than just in the hole. After getting to the last room it occurred to me that this stuff is water soluble and that moistened wet/dry paper would be better. Walla! Just throwing this out there for the .0001% that didn’t already know:mellow:

Yeah I think a lot of guys like those sandpaper sponges for that job. Keeps the dust down a bit.