Hijack!

Llama

2 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

How does one clean the inside of you respirator, ie, the 3M 6291/07002? It’s gotta get nasty before long:huh:

alcohol wipes as often as possible.  Take out the removable parts and toss them in the dishwasher periodically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

How does one clean the inside of you respirator, ie, the 3M 6291/07002? It’s gotta get nasty before long:huh:

Coop, at work they teach us to clean the inside with an alcohol wipe after every use, for mold and germs. For dirt and dust, remove the cartridges and wash in warm soapy water, any dish detergent should do. Supposedly, most brands are even 'dishwasher safe'.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I was going to give Logs to lumber a try but then didn't want to drive so far so i went to Youndblood Lumber. I wish i could do a whole sale order but all the big yards seem require a business account with a tax id. I offered one to do a 500BF order and pay cash but they weren't interested.

Where do you go?

Youngblood for a board or two and logs to lumber for larger projects. My QSWO I picked up from Bell Forrest in Aug on the way back from a visit with my daughter in Grand Blanc MI.

8 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Youngblood for a board or two and logs to lumber for larger projects. My QSWO I picked up from Bell Forrest in Aug on the way back from a visit with my daughter in Grand Blanc MI.

Is the guy from logs to lumber pretty easy to deal with? Is he available on weekends?

6 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Is the guy from logs to lumber pretty easy to deal with? Is he available on weekends?

Brian is what I would call a bit eccentric but he has really nice lumber, its always an adventure. My only concern is with all the money and rage in slabs he seems, at least to me, a little more focused on that. I purchased my Roubo, Sculpted bar stool, and other misc lumber from him over the last three years. 

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Brian is what I would call a bit eccentric but he has really nice lumber, its always an adventure. My only concern is with all the money and rage in slabs he seems, at least to me, a little more focused on that. I purchased my Roubo, Sculpted bar stool, and other misc lumber from him over the last three years. 

I need to give him a shot but comparing just post prices vs youngblood for plain lumber he's a bit more expensive. I got 5/4 FAS for $3.89 BF and 8/4 for $4.60.

Yep. This country is insane. So many people here. In Melbourne, at night time, the city gets quiet and you can drive around easily without much drama. In New York, it just gets busier. I’ve never seen a city quite like it.  I must’ve walked a marathon in the last few days and it seems like the surface has barely been scratched. 

We just trained up to Boston and will hire a car and travel north for a few days, before making the journey south. 

Its so cold up here!!