Hijack!

Llama

2 hours ago, I B said:

Dreams are weird.

I don't remember much of it except the end but...

I was walking down the street of my first neighborhood and my friend Brian's cousin called me over to check out his yard sale. He walked over to a ladder that was covered by a blue tarp, removed it with a flourish and said, "I was saving this for you, man." "I knew you'd get some good use out of it." On top of the ladder is a janky looking biscuit joiner with a yellow sticker on it that reads $250. The last part I remember is trying to look up some info on this joiner online with my phone but it's an old cordless telephone, the kind with the telescopic antenna.

That's it. :blink:

6e5cb7cb5545fb23d027b94ee2291d9d.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

Thanks guys.... The truth is, it was my wife that set up getting married on my birthday. It was a helluva birthday present to unwrap.    The finger is healing fine at the moment, I'm a couple of weeks away from finishing the last chance antibiotic treatment. If this fails, the finger goes.  But it looks good so far.  Probably won;t be sure til Feb. Thanks for asking Ross.

I want to like this to give you support but it feels like liking sad/bad news. So I'll just say hang in there, happy birthday, and happy anniversary!

8 hours ago, Cliff said:

Sawstop is killing me with their failure to give more details around pricing and such with the inline router table and lift. 

Hey Cliff, are those items actually available yet? I see them on the website, but none of the (Canadian) distributors  I looked at sell them. In past, SawStop has shown stuff on their website that wasn't release for sale yet. Kinda goofy.

That router lift looks exactly like the Excalibur that General used to make. I've got one that I'm finally building a router table for.

Prototypes are one thing, actual product shipped in qualities to stock dealers is fraught with setbacks. Quality control problems, packaging failures leading to damages and the list goes on and on.

Elon Musk is constantly over promising. It's been 5 years for Falcon Heavy , but he's still ahead of Boeing/ULA.