Barrister's Bookcase - Finished

Chet

Chet that turned out gorgeous and your journal was great to follow. I'm glad you tried the finish and as others have said, you nailed it! You can spray the shellac at noon and be done with 3 coats of waterborne 4 hours later. 

I own this project and really want to find a way to build it but don't have a need for it right now. Maybe I'll incorporate the sides and other parts of it when I build the dresser to go with the bed. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice.  I'm thinking about building a pair of these bookcases sometime in the new year.  I'm considering asking a friend to make curstom glass panels for the top pane of each case.  My friend has a glass kiln and does a lot of decorative glass artwork.  Might be nice if I can design something suitable...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrisG-Canada said:

Very nice.  I'm thinking about building a pair of these bookcases sometime in the new year.  I'm considering asking a friend to make curstom glass panels for the top pane of each case.  My friend has a glass kiln and does a lot of decorative glass artwork.  Might be nice if I can design something suitable...

Chris, that is a neat idea about the single glass panel. I'm currently building this and with Marc's videos and Chet's journal, they've definately taken the guess work out. Good luck bud! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

There's a reason. It would be longer in duration than Mel's "Hijack" thread and not nearly as interesting ;)

3 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Bullcrap. We wanna see it.

first rate work Chet, beautiful piece, put me down for liking the glass choice also, fits perfect with the piece. let's see the work in progress Coop!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

About 32 - 33 board feet and that gives you a 10% waste factor.  If it helps the glass I used was around $150 for the three pieces, I am sure if you use the regular clear glass like in the plans, the price would be less.

• Like 1