My crappy little shop

bleedinblue

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like a great space and tool set up!! You have definitely upped your tool game since your first shop post. Great job on the Roubo too!

On a side note if one of my kids blesses us with a grandchild they had better be prepared I will now be adding that way to cool workbench to the grandchild file LOL 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 3:19 PM, Mark J said:

Everything in its place, and I think you literally have a place for everything--I don't see anything missing.  Wait!  Silly me.  No Lathe! :D

I've been so close to buying one many times, but always back off of that rabbit hole.  It'll happen eventually :D

No issues with my HF tool cabinets.

The only thing I wish they had differently would be soft close drawer slides.  My Husky cabinet has nice soft close drawers that I can count on closing as I shove them in the closed direction and walk away.  The HF ones I have to push the drawer all the way closed.  It's only a split second difference, but I'd like it better.

I've been meaning to change the upper toolbox so you don't have to raise the lid to open a drawer, but haven't taken the time yet.

They're still well worth what they cost though, and are available in more configurations than the comparable mid range Husky tool chests.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, bleedinblue said:

I just did a post-project shop cleaning,

@bleedinblue - Man, what a great space.  That is the kind of shop that I would walk into in the morning even if I didn't have something on the bench.  I would just stand there, coffee in hand and enjoy the possibilities.  I'm not antisocial but there are times when we have a large gathering at the house that I will sneak off to the shop and just breathe it in for a few for the calming effect :lol:.  Your shop definitely has that kind of vibe. Congrats.

• Like 2