What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

9 hours ago, BillyJack said:

How has it been in your area? Many don't realize when it gets too dry foundations suffer. Keep an eye on this...

Dry here, to the point that the soil has pulled away from the foundation by almost 2" in one area. That spot was dusturbed during some repair work 2 suppers ago, and hasn't compacted as much as the surroinding soil.

We were that dry in June, but July has become rain forest conditions.  I think we're 5" over normal for July.  It's rained at least every other day for the past couple of weeks, and never small showers.  Our pastures have never looked as lush as they are now.  One dog yard, that we don't treat with anything, has been overtaken by Crabgrass, and it needs cutting badly every third day, if it gets a chance to dry out enough.

I figure we'll get an update on Hazel when they have time.

• Like 1

Here is the Crabgrass dog yard, and a pasture on the other side of the fence.  Both were cut day before yesterday.  The dog yards will get cut again today, if they dry out enough.

The cone is not what you think it is.  This is the girls' yard.  That cone protects the dogs from an anchor bolt in a footing for a covered patio for the girls like the boys have.  That roof got pushed down the to-do list by other things years ago.  I even have had all the materials for it.

IMG_4256.jpg

• Like 1

Loaded the boat and went to the lake. Nice day and overloaded with 10-12 boats already there. Fished off the bank a few cast and left. I crack up. Guys drop expensive boats , fish an hour then leave. Two guys were talking about another lake and how good it was. If it was that good why are you here?

• Like 2