New Lumber Hauler

MattF

10 minutes ago, Chet said:

Nice looking truck, and I like the color.  Should do a great job of pulling that new trailer as well as haul lumber.

Trailer shouldn’t be a problem at all. Hoping to not even know it’s back there unless I look. 

• Like 1

Sweet ride! I made the mistake of driving one a couple months ago and was ready to pull the trigger when my daughter got engaged so now its on the back burner for a bit. I couldn't believe the ride and I really like all the bells and whistles. I have a 2015 Canyon that I love but there are a couple features I have in my other cars that I really miss, like push button start, Apple car play, memory seats, etc. I love that color two!

• Sad 1

Nice lookin truck. Full size have an appeal but i don't need half of the power and towing capacity and prefer smaller vehicles for driving downtown. I do like the dodge pickups My last job had a 2011 which is probably junky compared to this but it was a solid truck. Kicked the pants out of the Tundras we had in fuel mileage and comfort.

I wish GM would get the crap together my radio crashes 1-2 times a week leaving me in slience untill it sits for an hour and resets it's self. Dealer won't do anything because they need to see if fail or something. I'm tempted to rip it out start it on fire and leave it in the service bay.

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Trailer shouldn’t be a problem at all. Hoping to not even know it’s back there unless I look. 

I wouldn't be much of an ex truck driver if I didn't say, check your mirrors every 30 seconds or so.   A lot can happen in less time than an eye blink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

my radio crashes 1-2 times a week leaving me in slience untill it sits for an hour

My 2015 Colorado has done that a couple of times, i figured it decided it was too cold to work. shut the truck off for a short while and it started working again, nice to know i'm not the only one:(

My wife likes her Ram truck, her second one. First one was totaled by a guy turning in front of us. When Dodge changed the look several years ago, their production went out the roof. The front was to imply the front of the big rigs on the road. Production was over twice they expected!

I like the Ram look, and could really go for a diesel. I've owned several Chrysler vehicles, they all had strengths, but I was never terribly impressed with their build quality. That truck sure looks like a big improvement.

IF my current chevy ever decides to give up, I plan to look at the Ram very closely. But I've been saying that for over 300k miles....

17 hours ago, Tom King said:

Nice ride.   I don't even want to look at the new ones.  I've been saying for 18 years that mine can go another year.  If I started looking at the new ones, it might not.

The prices my change your mind. Felt sick to stomach signing the paperwork.

17 hours ago, Art said:

Nice truck, but it's no Honda Ridgeline :D...

I didnt know Honda made a truckB)

17 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Sweet ride! I made the mistake of driving one a couple months ago and was ready to pull the trigger when my daughter got engaged so now its on the back burner for a bit. I couldn't believe the ride and I really like all the bells and whistles. I have a 2015 Canyon that I love but there are a couple features I have in my other cars that I really miss, like push button start, Apple car play, memory seats, etc. I love that color two!

The ride quality is off the charts for a 1/2 ton truck. Interior is best in class in my opinion. Mine does not have all the bells and whistles, just what I need. 

17 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Nice lookin truck. Full size have an appeal but i don't need half of the power and towing capacity and prefer smaller vehicles for driving downtown. I do like the dodge pickups My last job had a 2011 which is probably junky compared to this but it was a solid truck. Kicked the pants out of the Tundras we had in fuel mileage and comfort.

I wish GM would get the crap together my radio crashes 1-2 times a week leaving me in slience untill it sits for an hour and resets it's self. Dealer won't do anything because they need to see if fail or something. I'm tempted to rip it out start it on fire and leave it in the service bay.

Honestly, I could get by with a mid size truck. Our travel trailer only weighs 3k dry so it can be pulled by a lot of smaller vehicles. I looked at the Colorados and felt that they were a nice truck until I sat inside. It felt to small for me. We are planning some long trips with the travel trailer, so interior room and comfort was big on the list.

16 hours ago, RichardA said:

I wouldn't be much of an ex truck driver if I didn't say, check your mirrors every 30 seconds or so.   A lot can happen in less time than an eye blink.

I am constantly scanning my mirrors while towing. I can normally drive a vehicle for 12 hours easy, but like to limit to 8 while towing. Had to explain to my wife that it is more exhausting while towing because there is a lot more going on. Constantly scanning mirrors, monitoring the gauges, looking out for idiot drivers.

16 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nice ride and nice color!

Are you going to put a cover on the bed or go "au naturale"?

Looking at tonneau covers for now. Probably going to pick up one that wont break the bank and see how I like it. I prefer the full truck caps, but they are [proud of them things.

15 hours ago, ..Kev said:

I've been driving the eco diesel version (couple years older) for a few years now and love it!  

Congrats on the new truck!

Thanks. The Eco-Diesels are nice. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MattF said:

The prices my change your mind. Felt sick to stomach signing the paperwork.

Yeah, I paid 38k for mine 18 years ago.  One to replace it is over 80 now.  Since our method of buying vehicles is to make one payment, and drive it until it drops, hopefully, mine is not ready to drop any time soon.

They don't.  I parked next to one in  the Tractor Supply parking lot last week.  I started to take a picture, with mine behind it, but didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Looking at tonneau covers for now. Probably going to pick up one that wont break the bank and see how I like it. I prefer the full truck caps, but they are [proud of them things. 

That flippy thing i got is AWESOME. I had a full cap and will NEVER get one again. The one i got (Backflip Mx4) isn't free but i think it's worth every penny over the vinyl roll up covers. The best part of it to me is that they don't stick above the bed rails. If i need to set something on the back like a heavy board or something I don't have to worry about damaging the cover.

I hear ya with the interior of the Colorado. I guess i didn't realize you were goign to use it as a traveler. In that case it's hard to argue. My Canyon/Colorado could tow 3,000 but i don't think I'd want to across country. I realize it's a whole different world and a heck of a lot more money but my dad has me sold on the Suburban if i was ever goign to need to tow and travel with a full size pickup type vehicle.  He bought one that was a year old off lease as a retirement gift to himself. Holy smokes is that thing decked out.

18 hours ago, Chestnut said:

You may have to download some upgrade for the radio... not sure how GM does it.

My Subaru I've had two software updates since I bought the car last July, and they have made it much less likely to crash now.

1 hour ago, Minnesota Steve said:

You may have to download some upgrade for the radio... not sure how GM does it.

My Subaru I've had two software updates since I bought the car last July, and they have made it much less likely to crash now.

Yeah i asked the guy in service about it and his response was there isn't an update and there are no outstanding bulletins about it. So he basically told me that he has nothing that he can do to help......

The more i experience technology the more i hate it. The mentality is get it out the door now and deal with the issues at the expense of the consumer. I'm done being the testing bed for major corporations and am getting tired of troubleshooting their issues. It'd be different if they had some customer support to help with the issues but they don't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

The more i experience technology the more i hate it.

I agree.  My car is nothing more than a computer on wheels. Doesn't even have a fuel pump- all computer driven. My Ford Ecosport actually has a key! Read on a forum somewhere a guy misplaced his key fob. Dealer said it would be $400 to replace it. He found it real quick!

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

They don't.  I parked next to one in  the Tractor Supply parking lot last week.  I started to take a picture, with mine behind it, but didn't.

Hey there, now that's OK for us Ridgeline owners to say :).