How do you guys hang Biesemeyer fences when not in use?

daviddoria

I have a Sawstop TGlide fence. When I take it off the saw table when cross cutting long workpieces, I'm currently just setting it on the workbench, where it is quite in the way. I was pretty surprised when google didn't show me a single picture of a wall mount when searching for "wall mount biesemeyer fence". Is there a reason to not hang these on the wall? Or are the mounts just so boring as to not warrant any pictures on the internet? haha

I'm just curious what you guys do with them. And if you post a picture it'll be the first on the whole internet!

I  can't speak to what anyone else does with their fence. Mine's rarely off for more than a few cuts, and I just set on top of my planer till I'm through doing whatever I need to do with the fence out of the way.  Then I put it back where it belongs.  On the saw.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I  can't speak to what anyone else does with their fence. Mine's rarely off for more than a few cuts, and I just set on top of my planer till I'm through doing whatever I need to do with the fence out of the way.  Then I put it back where it belongs.  On the saw.

This is what I do if needed.

But 99% of the time if I am doing a long piece cross cut my "long" part goes to the left of the blade, this is the way my cross cut sled is set up, so there is no need to remove the fence.

On my Delta Unisaw there are two hooks shaped like a U that I can set my fence into it's located on the extension table legs on the right side of the blade I also keep mt sacrificial fence on the same hooks.  Maybe you could make some hooks that would work for your saw?

The DC system is due to be upgraded next. It consists of a 2hp unit with a Super Dust Deputy and 5" hosing ...

DC6a.jpg

This has to feed from a combination jointer/planer (Hammer A3-31), Bandsaw (Hammer N4400) and sliding tablesaw (Hammer K3). It is simply not powerful enough (needs at least 3 hp) and larger pipes (6" has double the flow of 5", which has double the flow of 4"). By the time it gets to the table saw, there is not enough oomph to suck the dust at the blade guard. 

I now use a Festool CT26E at the dust guard, and this works very well ...

Ca.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 1

Like others, I try to find a way to keep it on the table at the farthest reaches of the extension when not in use.  If the piece I'm cross cutting truly is long enough that it's in the way, my saw has a couple hooks on the right side of the cabinet specifically intended for storing the fence.

My fence hasn't been off the saw in years. My large air compressor tank sits just to the right of my tablesaw and limits the length of things on the right of the blade. The very few times I take the fence off, I either put it on the crossbars of the base or set it on my workbench.