Hijack!

Llama

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I don’t remember if I got this pic from a build on here or just a random pic on the net. Anyone own up to it. I’d like to get some deminsions but not critical. Thanks

Pretty close to the Krenov Guild project..  Just some added drawers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Couple weeks ago there was a lightning strike in our neighborhood. It was awesome to experience as it was about a block away and i was awake for it. The strike hit a maple tree in the neighborhood. I figured some of you might appreciate the tree.

0905190620_HDR.thumb.jpg.a39501b0f5c730c88be38f75534cb976.jpg

The house does an elaborate Halloween setup every year so  They have left the tree and i assume are going to try and incorporate it. It's interesting to note that the strike completely debarked the tree.

• Like 2

On one of our backpacking trips, in the Great Smokies, we had spent one night on the East side of a peak.  There was a very impressive thunder storm that night.  The next morning, as we hiked over that peak, there were large, fresh pieces of trees all over the place.  We were glad we didn't keep going before setting up camp the night before.

One year we hiked the Crypt Lake trail (highly recommended) in Waterton National Park. The night before there had been a spectacular thunder storm & lightning had hit a tall tree beside the trail. It blew the bark off about half the circumference of the trunk from the ground to about 10' up. The bark was laying in pieces & the naked wood was dripping wet with sap. 

I figured it was a goner, but a year later we returned & saw that it was alive & well. The wound was dried over & healing quite well.

Does anyone have a decent working knowledge of a reverse mortgage? A good friend that recently passed away had one and her only heir and I, after reading the contract, are bewildered. If so and you don’t mind answering a couple of questions, please pm me. Thanks.