Hijack!

Llama

On 10/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Cliff, if you are still there, be sure to visit the Pyramid.... and walk across to AR on the 'Big River Trail' at the other end of Riverside drive.

Did visit the pyramid. Not the type of place my wife and I would go, but we wanted to see what it was like. We ended up spending $300 in there. 

What is the AR thing? Does not sound familiar. 

29 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Did visit the pyramid. Not the type of place my wife and I would go, but we wanted to see what it was like. We ended up spending $300 in there. 

What is the AR thing? Does not sound familiar. 

The Big River trail is a walking route that includes a footpath built on one of the old automobile lanes that flank the Hanrahan rail bridge, built in 1910 or so. You can park in Memphis and walk across the river to Arkansas. Great place to see trains and / or barges and steamboats. Hanrahan is next to the I-55 bridge. Great view upriver toward the Pyramid and the Hernando de Soto (I-40) bridge.

Did you take the elevator to the top of the Pyramid? That is supposed to be the tallest free-standing elevator in North America. Awesome view up there.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:16 PM, wtnhighlander said:

The Big River trail is a walking route that includes a footpath built on one of the old automobile lanes that flank the Hanrahan rail bridge, built in 1910 or so. You can park in Memphis and walk across the river to Arkansas. Great place to see trains and / or barges and steamboats. Hanrahan is next to the I-55 bridge. Great view upriver toward the Pyramid and the Hernando de Soto (I-40) bridge.

Did you take the elevator to the top of the Pyramid? That is supposed to be the tallest free-standing elevator in North America. Awesome view up there.

We did not take the elevator. My wife wasn't interested and I was ready to do anything to stop shopping. 

• Haha 1

There’s a guy here in Houston known as Mattress Mack. One heck of a philanthropist and business man. He’s also a Houston Astros fan. He has for the last year, offered to anyone that buys $3,000.00 or more of furniture, to refund their money if the Astros win the World Series. Google him to find out how he covers these offers. This is his third year to make this offer. 

29 minutes ago, legenddc said:

I didn't expect it to be 3-2. Nats have completely fallen apart. Unfortunately (for me) I think your Astros will win it all.

Unfortunately for the Nats I just think the Astros are a better team. Nats had a heck of a season though, breaking their playoff jinx was big and they have a young team. 

47 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I think she is about to belt out her song, but you are right she hasn't sung yet. 

I know a lot about the fat lady, I'm a Philly fan.

Haha, enjoy Harper!

Nat's are actually the oldest team in the league but they do have a lot of young hot talent. We'll see what happens.

Apparently teams these days just want to be a mid-80s win team. Paying for a good enough team to win the World Series costs too much but with mid-80s you can keep your fans coming and maximize profitability. 

57 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Haha, enjoy Harper!

Nat's are actually the oldest team in the league but they do have a lot of young hot talent. We'll see what happens.

Apparently teams these days just want to be a mid-80s win team. Paying for a good enough team to win the World Series costs too much but with mid-80s you can keep your fans coming and maximize profitability. 

Harper will be the worst signing in Philly history when all is said and done for. His swing is just to big and long, when he hits 30 he goes down hill fast!