Hijack!

Llama

25 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Nice score. Too bad about the minivan though. :P:ph34r::D

Just wait till you have kids. You'll see the light. 

Seriously didn't think I'd be doing much more work in Walnut because of the high bf price, but I got this from a guy who has a tree trimming company and sold it for about 20% the price my regular mill would charge..

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Just wait till you have kids. You'll see the light. 

Seriously didn't think I'd be doing much more work in Walnut because of the high bf price, but I got this from a guy who has a tree trimming company and sold it for about 20% the price my regular mill would charge..

I'm just ribbing, I rented a minivan a while ago. It had more gittyup, got better gas mileage, and had more space for passengers and cargo than most suv's. It drove nice to boot.

I just get stuck behind too many minivan drivers that think the left land is where you should be driving 5 mph under the speed limit during rush hour. It's always a minivan.....:lol:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I just get stuck behind too many minivan drivers that think the left land is where you should be driving 5 mph under the speed limit during rush hour

Out here in Northern California you would be barking at the Prius owners.

14 minutes ago, Chet said:

Out here in Northern California you would be barking at the Prius owners.

Naa i rest easy knowing they'd be fuming if they knew the awful gas mileage my car got. I get 20mpg on premium on a good day. My worst 300 mile stretch was 13 mpg. I was driving in to a 30 mph headwind at 83 mph. I had a smile plastered on my face the whole time.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I just get stuck behind too many minivan drivers that think the left land is where you should be driving 5 mph under the speed limit during rush hour. It's always a minivan.....:lol:

That's a MN thing...I'm starting to wonder if they teach that now Hwy 169 & Hwy 10 are terrible for that

1 minute ago, pkinneb said:

That's a MN thing...I'm starting to wonder if they teach that now Hwy 169 & Hwy 10 are terrible for that

I had some guy going slow in front of me this morning on 169. I eased left to let him know someone was behind him but ended up just passing him on the right when I had a chance. Not 1 min later He gets behind a different person going even slower and just tailgated the crap out of them.

The reality is people just don't pay attention to their surroundings. It's not a MN thing, I've ran across it in nearly every state I've drive in.

20 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I'm just ribbing, I rented a minivan a while ago. It had more gittyup, got better gas mileage, and had more space for passengers and cargo than most suv's. It drove nice to boot.

Yeah, the van is actually my wife's. We looked at all the major SUVs before getting a minivan. The other nice thing about minivans, if you aren't going off road, is they ride lower, and don't have a central axle/hump, so kids and elderly people can get into the back easier. Some SUVs ride so high it is a real climb for little kids to even get into them. 

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

Yeah, the van is actually my wife's. We looked at all the major SUVs before getting a minivan. The other nice thing about minivans, if you aren't going off road, is they ride lower, and don't have a central axle/hump, so kids and elderly people can get into the back easier. Some SUVs ride so high it is a real climb for little kids to even get into them. 

To combat that made the newer SUVs closer to the ground. It's to the point that they are basically tall hatchback sedans. Chevy Equinox is 7.6"-7.9" Ford explorer is 7.9"-8.2" Subaru Forester is 8.7". It's so funny because my WRX has 6" of ground clearance and i've had SUV owners talk down to me about how much lower to the ground my car is. I just laughed.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Not to mention that the sliding doors are FAR more convenient with little kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

To combat that made the newer SUVs closer to the ground. It's to the point that they are basically tall hatchback sedans. Chevy Equinox is 7.6"-7.9" Ford explorer is 7.9"-8.2" Subaru Forester is 8.7". It's so funny because my WRX has 6" of ground clearance and i've had SUV owners talk down to me about how much lower to the ground my car is. I just laughed.

But you wouldn't belive how much off-road enthusiasts will pay for an extra 2" of clearance.