Hijack!

Llama

23 minutes ago, Coop said:

Amen. I just picked the last of the tomatoes, about 18 lbs.. Pictures of snow is as close as I want to get.

I’ll send some pictures Coop, they will be pulling the snow plows off the streets soon to give the drivers some rest, they will be back out before dawn, once the snow is cleared off the streets and driveways it’s not so bad, good excuse to slow down and relax

• Thanks 1

The only snow that I have experienced, with the exception of a couple of wet snows we have had here, was in Kimball, SD one year pheasant hunting. That stuff was like powder and I guess that’s what the ski resorts refer to. It was amazingly beautiful. The town has one E/W street and one N/S street and at their intersection, there is a traffic circle. In the prior years of hunting there, I never gave the circle any thought. The year of the snow, snow plows would clear the streets and pile the snow onto the circle. I guess that’s what the circle was there for? 

My only opposition to snow is it has to be cold enough to do so:mellow:

13 hours ago, Coop said:

I know and I need to shut the heck up about my tomatoes but I love them! I hung 3 of them on our Christmas tree when the wife wasn’t looking. She gave in and humored me:D

To me, a good tomato crop is the holy grail of gardening. I'm just jealous because it's so hard to grow them here. But if you talk about those tomatoes, you gotta post pics along with.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

I agree to a point. But there is a good reason Florida has so many octagenarian residents. :D

Want to compare bug and pest statistics? :D

Is it really the weather? Or is it the fact that they have the lowest overall tax rate of any state except for Alaska.

Interestingly Florida is 5th in median age with the top 3 being cold states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_median_age

4 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Yeah you know Drew living in the north you can’t just stay inside all winter you have to get out or go crazy staying inside

With lakes and swamps being frozen you can go places and see things you wouldn't normally be able to see. Megan and I took a hike across a swamp last weekend it was interesting. The best part was the fact that there wasn't a single mosquito!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey @Coop is it okay to store a fire extinguisher outside in freezing temps? I’m thinking maybe I should keep one out by our outdoor wood stove. I can put it in a place that will mostly be sheltered from rain and snow, and up off the ground. Should I put it in any sort of enclosure?

1 hour ago, Gary Beasley said:

Yeah, an enclosure would be a good idea just because of the mud daubers. Thats shouldnt be much of a problem for any halfway decent woodworker.

But that'll take days just to design. Then you have to sort through your wood supply, then days of constructing, and a week of finishing.   Two generations of mud dauber later it goes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardA said:

But that'll take days just to design. Then you have to sort through your wood supply, then days of constructing, and a week of finishing.   Two generations of mud dauber later it goes on.

Who needs to design? Grab a board and stick another board to it, then another. You might have to cut or nail a piece here and there. Uh, there might be a hinge or two somewhere on it.