Hijack!

Llama

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

A co-worker of mine raises horses. When her father passed and left an inheritance, she bought a new F-350 dually (4×4) to tow the horse trailer. She barely tops 5 feet, so there is a step stool on a rope, tied to the seat anchor, to help her get in and out.

Can't always blame it on the dudes...

Your not supposed to ruin the joke. The joke is  that most of the lifted pickups never leave a highway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chestnut said:

The joke is  that most of the lifted pickups never leave a highway.

I have a friend that some years back had this Chevy pickup that looked like a bucket of bolts on the outside, but if you looked under the hood it was a living beast, 550 cubic inch blue print and balanced motor.  He pretty much built it to drive in mud bog competitions.  He probably won 85-90% of the ones he entered because he was willing to be way more aggressive with his ugly truck then the guys with their pretty and shiny truck that they didn't want to hurt.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

@Coop mentioned TP in another thread. Reminded we that we're down to last the few rolls due to this: https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/everyone-has-just-gone-a-little-bit-crazy-australias-toilet-roll-panic/news-story/25c4ccd2a27e8f90d9474955e94deb4d

Every supermarket around me is out.  For some reason, media hype, Facebook panic etc meant that people have been stocking up on toilet paper, sugar, flour and pasta. I saw a video that remind me of the Black Friday videos we see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lewisc said:

@Coop mentioned TP in another thread. Reminded we that we're down to last the few rolls due to this: https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/everyone-has-just-gone-a-little-bit-crazy-australias-toilet-roll-panic/news-story/25c4ccd2a27e8f90d9474955e94deb4d

Every supermarket around me is out.  For some reason, media hype, Facebook panic etc meant that people have been stocking up on toilet paper, sugar, flour and pasta. I saw a video that remind me of the Black Friday videos we see.

Do you need some shipped to you?  We'll take up a collection, and get it to you.

• Haha 1

I don’t understand the toilet paper rush. Sanitizers maybe but toilet paper? 

I started a coronovirous pot in my office today. I haven’t decided yet if the winner will be the first to get it or the last man standing:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chet said:

Maybe if you come down with the virus it comes with the Hersey squirts.:blink:

That's the only thing I can assume..  Nothing like panicking people going overboard buying a lifetime supply of a product because, for them, the world is going to end soon...

On 3/5/2020 at 10:11 PM, lewisc said:

It’s going fast around here in my area of the US too.

I imagine bidet owners are feeling pretty smug right about now. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

We had the TP shortage for a while but then people came to their senses....

I recall during the Arab oil embargo (can we call it the "Arab" embargo any more? or is that racist?) there was a rumor of TP shortage and people were buying it up whenever they could. Weird, and that was before internet nuttiness.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

We had the TP shortage for a while but then people came to their senses....

I recall during the Arab oil embargo (can we call it the "Arab" embargo any more? or is that racist?) there was a rumor of TP shortage and people were buying it up whenever they could. Weird, and that was before internet nuttiness.

Wife called me to dinner, only seconds before getting me started. :D

• Haha 1