Cherry & Ash Dresser

Dknapp34

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been messing around with different designs for pulls and I came up with one that I liked. It's basically a very simple cherry handle with a taper towards each end that is attached with cherry dowels to the drawer front. One problem is that to make it thin enough to look good (and not obscure too much of the drawer fronts, it is pretty weak. In fact, I snapped three prototypes. Two while turning and one while drilling the holes for the dowels. After much frustration, I've decided to go a different direction and use brass hardware. Brusso has some nice knobs, but I'm not sure if they will go with the style of the piece. Does anyone know of another source for good quality pulls and knobs? 

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent job, man.  Seriously well done.  The case miters look crisp, clean, perfect, and you did a masterful job fitting those drawers.  Consistent, small gaps on every side of every drawer.  Tidy.  Nice small pins on the half-blinds that give it the handmade look.  And I think those pulls are perfect...especially on the middle drawers...they kind of have the same wavy flow as the ash grain.  Outstanding work.  Great piece.

Dknapp (what's your first name?)  that piece is beautiful.  Absolutely love the wild yet orderly ash grain.  Very cool design and great execution.

Ironically, what is to me the most impressive part of the piece (the case miters) will be the thing nobody will ever comment on when they see it.  Such is the life of a woodworker.

• Like 2

Dknapp (what's your first name?)  that piece is beautiful.  Absolutely love the wild yet orderly ash grain.  Very cool design and great execution.

Ironically, what is to me the most impressive part of the piece (the case miters) will be the thing nobody will ever comment on when they see it.  Such is the life of a woodworker.

>

It's David. Thanks. It's funny how the stuff woodworkers notice is completely different than what other people notice. Reminds me of when a friend told me something I built looked like it was from Restoration Hardware. I chose to take that as a complement. You get a different perspective when you build things yourself. That's why I like this forum. As a hobbyist, I don't get to interact with other woodworkers much IRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro