20 year old leather sofa and love seat replaced.

RichardA

4 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Very well done Rick. They look way too easy to fall asleep in! I like the way the back and arm rest attach to the back legs. What kind of finish did you use?

My favorite finish... two coats of natural Danish oil, a couple of weeks apart, then a few weeks of drying in climate controlled shop, then three coats of poly, gently sanded between each.  Then finished with a couple coats of Johnsons wax in the areas that will see the most wear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treeslayer said:

first rate work as usual Rick, and all the tables in the pictures are a great addition and also fine work, great to hear your wife is doing much better, prayers work!, keep the projects coming and maybe i'll get inspired to get back in my own shop.

Thanks, Dave  good eye, yeah the tables are mine. The little three legged, I did about 5 years ago to provide space to walk to our computer area, the others are more recent. I've got two vanities coming up in a month or two along with a 7' x 3' bathroom cabinet. So, I'll keep producing as long as you keep those prayers headed for Linda, my friend.

3 hours ago, BonPacific said:

These remind me of an old Davenport my grandparents had. Though I better built I expect :). Nice deep cushions.

You're a braver man than I, with white cushions and a pair of canines. Woe to anyone who spills their coffee or tea.

The love seats are covered when the critters are in the room, not to worry about coffee and tea.. we will only allow pizza to be eaten there.

1 hour ago, TIODS said:

Very nice job Richard!

Thank's Kev.

8 minutes ago, lewisc said:

Are wolves a common pet over there? 

Actually, no, We were just two very lucky people to have the time to care for them. They need "constant" attention.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Rick, your new seating is outstanding! No complaints about red oak as clean as you have there. And I am so glad to hear Linda is doing well! I still owe you a visit, now that I know she is better, I'll put more effort in trying to schedule one!

Give her a hug from me❤️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lewisc said:

Not your average lap dog. They seem like they'd be exciting pets to have. Did they become fully domesticated or retain some wildness?

We got them just one generation from the wild. they were 5 weeks old when we got them, born 3 weeks apart, and we domesticated them.  We had to be the Alpha's or they would have been... Can't let that happen. And the large white male [ my avatar] at 150 pounds thought that he was an average lap wolf, and constantly cut off circulation to our legs.

45 minutes ago, Da Hammer said:

Really nice work Rick, so enjoyable to look at nicely done woodwork.  Love the pups!  Glad to hear your wife is well, not knowing you better had no idea you all had been dealing with that thing we call life.  Prayers of joy sent.

Life is what happens when you forget to do your job. You're not allowed to be bored.  How are things going with your shop?

8 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Rick, your new seating is outstanding! No complaints about red oak as clean as you have there. And I am so glad to hear Linda is doing well! I still owe you a visit, now that I know she is better, I'll put more effort in trying to schedule one!

You're welcome any time Ross.  I still have your vise, come get it!  And bring your young'un.

1 hour ago, Immortan D said:

You've done a beautiful job, Rick.

My parents used to have very similar furniture in a house by the sea when I was a kid. Brought me a lot of good memories seeing your work.

Wasn't my intent. But I'm glad it made you feel good.

• Like 1