What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

50 minutes ago, Coop said:

I swore to make some more reindeer this year and I either didn’t have time or didn’t git around to it and neither are justifiable excuses.

The 10:00 weather lady last night predicted a low of 32* so to be on the safe side, I put on my head lamp and picked about 25 lbs of tomatoes. Glad I did as there was ice on the bird baths this morning. 

Time for some tomato relish! Catfish anyone?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coop said:

We buy that stuff at the store and I never thought about making my own after years of raising these things. Darn good idea. Thanks

We had a small garden with about 15 tomato plants when I was a kid. Every year we'd go out the morning of the first freeze and pick all that was left to make relish. Loved that stuff! 

I took flying lessons in the early 90s outside Roanoke, TX. We'd fly up across the TX/OK state line north of Gainesville to a little catfish restaurant with a grass landing strip. Catfish and tomato relish! Yumm.

• Like 1

Yeah, @JohnG, let's pics! Did you build any support structures to work with the bar, or is everything pre-fabricated?

Here is a tip, if you can find an inexpensive source. A 12x12x1 plate of mild steel, with a 2" hole in the center, weighs almost exactly 50lb. I still have 4 plates I made to suppliment my setup before I quit the heavy stuff.

20 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

I have finally reached the point of realization that each and every DIY plumbing repair I do requires at least two, typically 3, trips to the nearest home center. I can call a plumber and have it done right for less than the cost of gas. Even on nights and weekends...

Agreed! There are few things in life I hate more then plumbing its the one thing I have no issue hiring out :D

• Like 1

Nice rack, John! (I don't say that to many guys :P). Floor is concrete, I hope. If not, don't repeat a mistake I once made, and pull all the plates from one end of the bar when switching exercizes. With 250lb on just one end of the bar, mine tipped off the squat rack and speared a hole through the floor... :wacko:

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:36 PM, wtnhighlander said:

I have finally reached the point of realization that each and every DIY plumbing repair I do requires at least two, typically 3, trips to the nearest home center. I can call a plumber and have it done right for less than the cost of gas. Even on nights and weekends...

3 weeks before the contractor demo’d our bathroom, the seal between the tank and the bowl started leaking. Forgetting that Kohler has a special gasket, I opted for a cheap one. Should have taken it apart before going to HD. 

• Like 2