What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Woah, finally understand how people get so much done in an evening. Don't have kids. Amazing what you can get done when your evening starts at 6 instead of 8:30. Kids are with their grandparents last night and tonight. Last night we got some takeout, watched 2 movies and spent about 2 hours wrapping gifts during one of the movies.

Slowly chipping away at the end table build while painting the doll bunk bed I finished up. More wrapping tonight and then hopefully a fairly long day in the shop tomorrow.

Anyone else's packages just sitting in USPS warehouses? I have two that have been sitting for a week. Nothing urgent but I'd like my daughters new winter coat to get here before the next storm. Damn kids and their growth spurts after you try on their winter gear.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Woah, finally understand how people get so much done in an evening. Don't have kids. Amazing what you can get done when your evening starts at 6 instead of 8:30.

For real. And we usually run a bit behind schedule so it’s often 8:45-9 before we can actually focus on anything else. 

I’m on covid quarantine now so hopefully I can sneak in a bit of shop time between working. 

57 minutes ago, JohnG said:

For real. And we usually run a bit behind schedule so it’s often 8:45-9 before we can actually focus on anything else. 

I’m on covid quarantine now so hopefully I can sneak in a bit of shop time between working. 

Hope everyone is okay!

Usually we can down at 8:30 but then it's time to start the dishes most nights.

43 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Hope everyone is okay!

Usually we can down at 8:30 but then it's time to start the dishes most nights.

Yeah, so far they only have pretty mild symptoms. Masks were worn but we worked in close proximity for an extended time so now I have to quarantine. I got a test 5 days after the initial exposure and it came back negative, so I was set to end after 7 days, but then another coworker I was around on day 5 (which is when we learned about the first) turned out positive also so that reset the timer. 

Me being negative while the other coworker was positive supports my belief that I had it back in February. That or a false negative test. 

• Like 1

My wife just sent me this pic. She got a path from the back door to the deck stairs cleared. That's undisturbed snow to the left, except over by the railing. This snow is particularly firm & heavy, though not wet. In this part of the world, that is a LOT of snow

IMG_3662.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, legenddc said:

Anyone have a reindeer template that you’re willing to share? I just did one of them off a PDF I saw here a couple years ago but I had to hand draw it. Looking for something easier to scale and print if possible. 

This is what I have, it is numbered for the cut order and sized for a regular sheet of paper.

Raindeer.thumb.jpg.47b5dcea0dd82dc06d5710801f14f2ef.jpg

• Like 2