What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Fascinating ships.  I learned a little bit about them from some sailors memoirs I ran into on the internet.

Wish she would make port somewhere near me. That would be worth a day trip.

Edited by Mark J
Just found out the ship's home port is Evansville IN. Very doable overnight trip.

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

LST (landing ship tank) USS 325 came to town this week, only one of its kind still operational, landed on Omaha beach D-Day +1, very cool.

Wow!  I love seeing historical stuff like that.  Did you give it a good going over Dave?

36 minutes ago, Chet said:

Did you give it a good going over Dave?

I gave it a really good look Chet, its open for tours but the clouds have been tremendous, i hope to get on it before it leaves tomorrow.

They just drove it up the Mississippi Tom, shallow draft, not too wide for the locks, you can Google it for more info. it goes on tour once a year to different ports.

18 minutes ago, Tom King said:

How did they get that thing to Iowa?

11 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Never really knew mine, they were both gone before I was 5 years old

My dad's dad died before i was born and my mom's dad had a bad stroke when i was young. It changed him too much so that man I've gotten to know is a shadow of the man he was.

Is the LST on the Mississippi headed north?

9 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Can't abide a stock bumper ?

4 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I like the color! What are you up to? Did it not come with the standard step bumper?

I couldn't get a factory hitch with the manual transmission. Gm it appears doesn't think you should tow with a MT. So i bought a receiver as installed it. Saved me a good $250 but didn't really want the work.

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Gm it appears doesn't think you should tow with a MT

Years ago, decades actually Ford tried voiding your transmission warranty if you put a tow which on your manual transmission vehicle.  They we're told by the courts that that was a no no.  At the time their lawyers claim to the courts was that we weren't talented enough to tow with a manual transmission.