What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

3 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Tried "power carving" a monogram for a personalized cutting board. No competition for Dave's Cabriole Thing, but I thought it came out decent. Here it is, slathered in the first coat of mineral oil.

20180721_144215-01.thumb.jpeg.159b1980e889f528a0a82d9067074608.jpeg

Anyone else look this incredibly awesome in the shop?

20180721_131639-01.thumb.jpeg.e534cc1cfafe0ff9df04977eecbdc33b.jpeg

Sorry, ladies. I'm very happliy married!

My wife.

Tried "power carving" a monogram for a personalized cutting board. No competition for Dave's Cabriole Thing, but I thought it came out decent. Here it is, slathered in the first coat of mineral oil.

20180721_144215-01.thumb.jpeg.159b1980e889f528a0a82d9067074608.jpeg

Anyone else look this incredibly awesome in the shop?

20180721_131639-01.thumb.jpeg.e534cc1cfafe0ff9df04977eecbdc33b.jpeg

Sorry, ladies. I'm very happliy married!

My wife.

• Like 1

So how did you do the carving?  And is that a one piece ear and eye protection helmet?

57 minutes ago, Pondhockey said:

So how did you do the carving?  And is that a one piece ear and eye protection helmet?

Various bits in a rotary tool, and a little cleanup with an X-acto knife. I have a base from Stewart Macdonald that turns the rotary tool into a tiny router. That let me free-hand the outlines with a V-bit, then I wasted out the background with a couple sizes of ball cutter to get the texture.

And, no. That get-up consists of a Nike golf cap, Harbor Freight ear muffs, and a magnifier that clips onto the brim of the cap. Goofy and uncomfortable, but it helped get the job done!

• Like 1

Long story short but I had to change out my water heater today. And naturally, no fittings or dimensions are the same as the old one,  so no hot water tonight for the much needed shower. I’ll be squealing like a little girl. Then followed by the new jalapeño flavored Snickers . If you like spice and chocolate, these are a must. 

• Confused 1

Lindt makes chocolate bars that are Chili flavored but the grocery stores are inconsistent about keeping them in stock. So when they have them I will buy a bunch. Nice spicy sweet flavor. 

I've couldn't find Jalapeño Snickers in a search. Are you referring to the Fiery flavored one ? Didn't know they were making different flavors.

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Tell me more about that.

I've had these so long, I forget where they came from. Pretty much like these for fly-tying:

https://m.llbean.com/product.html?skCatId=31629&skCatId=31629&feat=sr&term=magnifier&llbdrd=https%3A%2F%2Fm.llbean.com%2Fsearch.html%3FisFromSrchFrm%3Dtrue%26skCatId%3Dmagnifier&csp=a#31629

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Drew, this must have been a wedding gift to use that much WS $ on a spatula? On a seperate note, your shop in the pic looks pretty organized, something I dream of. Have you ever provided us with a tour? 

Na i just really like the ceramic handle on it. I used the excess from filling a defect so i didn't mix it up specifically for this.