What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Weight is also important. Blades were cleaned in place . Originally there were stickers with the weight on each blade. The variance was slight.Hunter blades back then were high grade ply/veneer which was very stiff & flat. 

Sagging MDF core blades will affect the balance .

• Thanks 1

I haven't chimed in on this thread in a long time.  I dug into some long postponed yard duties today - we had a small tree and a large shrub (both rose of sharon) die over the winter (sad!), and I have been meaning to cut them down and chip them.  I finally spent the 10 minutes or so sharpening the chain on my chainsaw (dull from a neighbor's use of it - looks like he was cutting rocks), and I finally replaced the gas tank (rotted/leak) on the chipper and fired it up.  Alas, it too was dull from a neighbor's use the last time it was used (same neighbor - see a trend?  haha) so I got out the parts and replaced the blade with a sharp one.  Oddly, all the prep work of finding stuff and sharpening probably took as much time as it did to cut them down and run it all through the chipper!  The larger one (the small tree ) was probably 4"-5" in the trunk so  I saved some select pieces to see if I can either turn something (small bowl or maybe some pens) or get some pieces I can use to make a small box or something.

I'd rather be drilling holes in aluminum, and steel, than tying to get new electronics communicating.   Glad you got it working, Coop.   Not much worse than getting to the point you have to quit, haven't figured it out yet,  and it has to wait until another day.

Guys that use an iPad on here, question? Last night I bragged that I had updated my iPad to the new iOS 12.0 without the help of my grandchildren. Today, I find that my .?123 button and my emoji button have switched places. Now when I go to reach for a colon (‘), I get a screen full of emoli’s. Can these buttons be switched back? 

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Guys that use an iPad on here, question? Last night I bragged that I had updated my iPad to the new iOS 12.0 without the help of my grandchildren. Today, I find that my .?123 button and my emoji button have switched places. Now when I go to reach for a colon (‘), I get a screen full of emoli’s. Can these buttons be switched back? 

Looks like a bug. They switch between landscape and portrait orientation. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Maple and cherry? When is your deadline?

Thursday night. I've known i needed to have them done the last 3 wees time just sort of snuck up on me.

It's soft and hard maple, cherry and birch. On the right side there are some thin strips that are hard to see but once the cherry ages nicely it'll look completely different. Sort of sad i won't ever get to see it after a nice year of color change.

If you remove the front glass from a halogen floodlight ( which has strong UV filters in the glass) it can be used to give the board a little suntanning time. Just don't look towards the fixture while it is on. Even a couple hours make a visible difference. I bet you could let it tan while the oil was drying.

• Like 1