What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Put Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer (CPES) on a redwood facade to cover a deteriorating "fiber concrete" outdoor propane fireplace top.  While waiting for it to dry I'm trying to figure out why my dorky little Craftsman 12" bandsaw is suddenly not tracking.

But the weather is nice and we got in a 10 mile cycle to the local state park and then coffee shop :-)

IMG_0197.JPG

On 6/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, Catco said:

With it all dug out, figured out how deep I needed to go and started leveling and tamping down the dirt. Followed by laying some garden fabric, a layer of sand and these paver base things I found that I wanted to try.

PHOTO_20180603_151017.thumb.jpg.aab813383fb05fa5045fd5ca8ae87c64.jpg

All in all a pretty good day.

I'll be interested to know how your "paver base things" work out.

About the only thing that doesn't is the fuel gauge.  I use the trip odometer for a fuel gauge.  One of the first things I put on it was a 56 gallon aftermarket fuel tank.  I fill it up every thousand miles, whether it needs it or not.  When that digital readout stops working, I'll have to drop the big tank, and replace the sending unit.

Even if you want to brand directly on the project, using the fitted sleeve would help with positioning and alignment.  

What I do when branding is rock the brand slightly to one side then rotate the handle around thek clock.  Usually I have to sand back some scorching, but there's no way to fix a brand that's too light.

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Even if you want to brand directly on the project, using the fitted sleeve would help with positioning and alignment.  

What I do when branding is rock the brand slightly to one side then rotate the handle around thek clock.  Usually I have to sand back some scorching, but there's no way to fix a brand that's too light.

Luckily this is so tight that if it is too light, I just put it back down and it went right back in place. I guess that’s what the clamp is for.