What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Actually, this was last night. My wife & I took our 13 YO grand daughter to here first rock concert. The main act was 'Walk Off the Earth'. They're a Canadian indie-pop/rock band of tremendous talent. The girl had a fantastic time & so did we.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drzaius said:

Actually, this was last night. My wife & I took our 13 YO grand daughter to here first rock concert. The main act was 'Walk Off the Earth'. They're a Canadian indie-pop/rock band of tremendous talent. The girl had a fantastic time & so did we.

That's awesome! My kids still talk about the first concert we went to at the red rocks amphitheater when they were about that age. I can't even remember who it was but I remember the rest of the night vividly

This was at the Calgary Stampede. They have an outdoor stage & have about 5 shows a day. Most of the day acts are newer & lesser known, but the evening bands are established & top notch. Some of the best concerts I've ever been to were at the Coca Cola stage. They are all free once you pay admission to the Stampede grounds.

Friday night Elle King played. If you don't know who she is, you should find out. Such a talented, funny, and brilliant performer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drzaius said:

My kid loves this band as well, we were watching them on youtube when I saw your post. 

3 hours ago, wdwerker said:

So the squirrel in the Chefs hat has a recipe for Rhino ? Or he just rides a Rhino ?

My cooking partner’s nickname is Rhino. A friend who is a comic book artist designed the logo for us. We may be the only BBQ team sponsored by a comic book company.

1 hour ago, JosephThomas said:

My kid loves this band as well, we were watching them on youtube when I saw your post. 

What a coincidence. My wife & grand daughter are the bigger fans, but I've seen WOTE twice & thoroughly enjoyed the shows. Coarse, doing it with folks I love is what really makes it great.

• Like 2

Brine the wings for a couple of hours. Then rinse and rub down with vegetable oil. Then the Oakridge Chile Lime Rub. On the grill at about 500 degrees direct to char the skins. Then move to indirect to finish. I brushed with some Agave about five minutes before pulling them. 

The indirect cooking  on the kettle. 

C864A925-16F9-4B30-B65E-91F68B1817C5.jpeg

• Like 2