What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

That sounds delish.  How do you make tomato gravy?  Sounds like somethin' I could have instead of sausage gravy, dat I'm not allowed no more of.

I don’t think it’s any more healthy than sausage and gravy but I’ll get the formula from the wife and let you decide. Darn good with homemade biscuits. We had a convention in New Orleans a few years back and on their buffet table was this concoction and I was in hog heaven. 

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

don't know what I was thinking. 

Come on Rick, you wouldn't know a flat head Ford from a VW:P you know i'm pulling your gears my friend. those cars sure were fast for their time, i want my Chevelle back, my 60 Chevy, the Camaro...........

• Haha 1

Dave, you know the car I miss most?  My dad had a 1936 plymouth. He cut off everything behind the front seat, added one extra tire to each rear wheel and kept the air in them to 20 pounds each. Then he built a home made flat bed on the back and in 1950 to 1953, I drove that car or truck or what it really was, was a beach buggy up and down the beach between Hollywood, Florida and Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale at least 5 times a day.  Gas was 0.19 per gallon and I could make 4 or 5 dollars a day taking fishermen anywhere on the beaches and when there was no one needing a lift, I'd go swimming and dive for conch or lobster.  Damn I miss that buggy and the simple life we had back then.  I was 8 when I got behind the wheel of that the first time.  Spent almost the rest of my life behind the wheel.  It was an inline 6 and the first real flathead I had was a 1953 ford flathead 8.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardA said:

You're right Tom, don't know what I was thinking.  I had a 1960 starliner in 61 that had a 390, with a manual 4.  Ugly car, but it sure was fast, and couldn't turn worth a damn.

57 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Nothing like the sound of a built small block Chevy, or a flat head Ford in a 32 five window that’s been chopped, dropped and built by the owner 60 years ago like the guy across the street from me. 

Damn you guys are old:D My spin city was a ‘64 Cusman Eagle to throw papers from. Did I say ‘64, I meant a ‘94 Cushman Eagle:huh:

17 minutes ago, Klappco said:

aa5de701b0dcb7498b5ea713ef313c82.jpeg

A couple of Mariners Dogs.

59231e0d00b850de7fba39aa249bb011.jpeg

Roasted potatoes seasoned with Naturiffic Q-Salt.

Nice after a long day of dealing with children.

Since you refuse to share, I think a MOD intervention is in short order;)

• Like 2

Crater ( or was it Carter) mags were bitchin back then and still are. I think I had what were called chrome plated slots and the audio was a reverb system . Totally cool! And what made the rides really cool back then, were the bra less chicks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Crater ( or was it Carter) mags were bitchin back then and still are. I think I had what were called chrome plated slots and the audio was a reverb system . Totally cool! And Mods if you must , bust my chops, but what made the rides really cool back then, were the bra less chicks. 

Fixed the stupid autocorrect.  I had the airshocks with the rear raised up and bigger wheels and tires on the back.  I thought I was so cool.

Now I have driven a Dodge Caliber for ten years.  

8 hours ago, Klappco said:

My college car was a ‘68 442. Red. Black vinyl roof. Cragar mags and Goodrich Belted T/A tires.

Sure miss that car.

Mine was a 1970 442.   Blue with white interior W30.  My Grandmother had sold some timber, and bought all her Grandchildren a new car, with the limit of 3k each from the same dealership.  I had been making money doing photography, and sneaked over to the dealership, owned by Hermie and Elliot Sadler's Father, and paid the upgrade few hundred dollars to get a 442 instead of a regular Cutlass, that was the original order.

I also had air shocks on mine, but the reason I bought them was to level the car when pulling the ski boat.  The ski boat was an inboard, but on a trailer designed for an SK, with the motor in the back, so it had a lot of tongue weight.  There was a small lake, right up the street from the University with no boat ramp where we used to ski.  I'd push the car with the boat, while my girlfriend drove the car, to get it going enough to pull the boat out on the packed sand.  The boat had to be partially floated on, and then driven onto the trailer.  The boat had a big block Ford.

Again i feel as though I am the minority that I do not like older cars. I appreciate and respect them for what they do and how they look, but they don't get my motor revving. (Sorry, bad pun.) I love newer cars, with the sharp angles, brash curves, and all the technology they can cram in them. My personal taste lies with Italian cars. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, and Alfa Romeo. Yes, Alfa Romeo.

Personally I love this little car:

2018-Alfa-Romeo-4C-102-1-626x383.jpg.3d6b5e26501461cc92f3bdd5ebd30106.jpg

• Like 1