What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

The hose hanger works great.  I still have some of the tying done with line, but will change that to stainless cable later.   The tractor only has two remotes, and there are three lines, so one has to stay tied up, out of the way, until I need to use that function.

I went out early this morning, to clip the pastures, but after two laps around, I decided it could grow until I get the air conditioning fixed in that tractor.  That was a 30 foot wide swath cut though.

IMG_0863.JPG

17 hours ago, drzaius said:

I ran a half marathon this morning, my best time in years. I was signed up for a full, but had to downgrade due to a hamstring I've been fighting with for the last 3 months. Weather was gorgeous, full sun in the mid 20s.

My daughter also ran, but she did the 50 Km ultra-marathon & got a personal best. Then spent an hour in the medical tent. She's fine now though. Actually she's nothing short of awesome. I'm so proud of that girl.

That's awesome congrats! Congrats to your daughter as well that's an amazing accomplishment!! I have done a couple full and many halfs but I can't even imagine an Ultra LOL

35 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

That's awesome congrats! Congrats to your daughter as well that's an amazing accomplishment!! I have done a couple full and many halfs but I can't even imagine an Ultra LOL

Thanks p. I did a 50K 2 years ago & have learned my lesson. Even a marathon wipes me out for a couple of days. At 62, I think my PRs are behind me.

• Like 1

Teacher of the year is right.  Now if Klappco would send me a brisket and burnt ends and Chet finally sends me a pastrami, the caveman in me would be smiling ear to ear with a mighty full belly!

I should see how you can make a smoker out of an old propane grill or a Weber kettle grill.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

Teacher of the year is right.  Now if Klappco would send me a brisket and burnt ends and Chet finally sends me a pastrami, the caveman in me would be smiling ear to ear with a mighty full belly!

I should see how you can make a smoker out of an old propane grill or a Weber kettle grill.

I don't think you're holding your club right. Looks more like begging......[Can't say as I blame you.}

Bologna and tomato sandwiches mostly:D. Seriously though, my wife will blanch, peel and mash them up, then add spices and cook them down. Then we put them in zip locks and freeze them to be used later. Our favorite use is for tomato gravy over biscuits along with bacon for breakfast. An old Louisiana recipe. Then more bologna and blt’s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

I keep says no that there should be a section on here recipes and cooking hints can be shared, although my only contribution would be how to open a can of pork and beans. 

I was however able to make it to the garden this evening. This will probably be the last year that I will grow tomatoes and stay married. These four buckets, total weight of 91 lbs, make a total of ten so far. My wife has already put up 19 qts and given endless bags away. It was a very good year.

Nice, Coop.  Personally, I can never have too much salsa.

Why "was a very good year"?!  It's not over, is it?

Kind of, I plant determinate tomatoes vs indeterminate. This way, they all make at the same time and my wife can put them up all at once. With the Texas heat, even if I planted the indeterminate, they wouldn’t continue to make. Unfortunately, in two to three weeks, they’ll be history until the fall planting on Labor Day weekend. Then fresh tomatoes for Christmas dinner, depending on the first frost. It’s definitely a gamble.