That came out nice Ken.  That should go well with the Barrister Bookcase.  Very well done.

• Like 1

Very well done Mr Cooper, everything looks right on, those woods look so good together, you aged the cherry in the sun if I remember and wasn’t there going to be an antique door knob in there somewhere or did that get dropped from the design?

• Like 1

Thank you sir. Yes, I moved it in and out of doors several days and put in in front of a light that Steve recommenced, at night, to darken it. The snow on the ground here sure helped to reflect the sunlight :). DIL hasn’t mentioned the door knob again and I haven’t reminded her of it. I just need to get it out my shop so I can move down the road to the next project. 

Almost had heart failure.  Saw the first picture from Pinterest, then saw your "Here is the door without a finish" picture, and I thought you were going to paint it white!

Very nice finished product - always good to score points with the DIL!

• Like 1

In that case, I’m almost inclined to build another and paint it white, just to get some of you guys down here to share a soft drink or so! 

• Like 1

Fajitas, cold beer, ice tea and good cigars. Take your pick. Since it looks like Amana isn’t going to happen this year, let’s pick a place to gather.  Spanky’s front yard? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Fajitas, cold beer, ice tea and good cigars. Take your pick. Since it looks like Amana isn’t going to happen this year, let’s pick a place to gather.  Spanky’s front yard? 

Now that is a damn good place to meet, bring a truck and trailer.  You can't lose.  The only problem is, Spanky's not much of a drinker, but he does have a beard.

Coop, the hall tree looks magnificent! I wouldn't remind the DIL about the doorknob, either. Looks too good without it.

• Like 2

I had never heard the term "hall tree" before. Now I can rename a piece I recently built. I previously called mine "a sort of tall settle". A rose by any other name ...

PS: Mine is made of pine and will be painted, just as soon as SWMBO decides on color. Yours has a lot more class.

• Like 2

Coop your hall tree looks good.

Everyone would be welcome. But they will be no beer cans or whiskey bottles in my front yard. Ole spanky has never licked on a beer can top or a whiskey bottle neck. 

Give me a heads up so I can have some Rainbow poplar cut for Dave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chet said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Coop it’s bad when the forum moderator starts picking on you. :lol:

• Haha 1

That came out great Coop.  Wish I had somewhere to put a hall tree as the LOML has wanted one for years.

• Like 1