Workbench

Ain't it cool to learn that you are capable to do the new things you've learned?  Welcome to the endless schooling available to you, and to us.  Ya done good!

By the way, don't point out what you think are fails.  Only you know what and where they are. They are learning tools for you.

• Thanks 2

The bench looks great.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:28 PM, RichardA said:

By the way, don't point out what you think are fails.  Only you know what and where they are. They are learning tools for you.

This is true, and they aren't failures they are mistakes and you can learn form mistakes.  You will also learn how to fix mistakes and if you are like me you will get enough chances and get really good at fixing them to the point where even you don't see them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice looking, job well done.  Just start using it, don't worry about dinging it, it's going to happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it.  When it does you can breath a sigh of relief and get on with life.  The other thing you can do is go out and give it a wap with a hammer and get on with life right now. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very nicely done.  As wtnhighlander says, it has a job to do.  I made it quite a few years before I sawed into mine just the other day.  A filler strip of similar species material, a little epoxy. and some touch up with a card scraper and you can hardly see it.  Of course it looks like a billboard sign to me :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

@Woodworking_Hobby, don't listen to those people!  That bench IS too beautiful for you to use.  Pack it up and ship it to me :D!

Strong work.

15 hours ago, gee-dub said:

Very nicely done.  As wtnhighlander says, it has a job to do.  I made it quite a few years before I sawed into mine just the other day.  A filler strip of similar species material, a little epoxy. and some touch up with a card scraper and you can hardly see it.  Of course it looks like a billboard sign to me :angry:

I hear you and I can’t wait to put it to use!  My non-woodworking family does not get it though and did not understand how you have to build something to help you build something ;-).

It is way better than those old folding tables I had and hopefully I will not break my back as much bending over since it is now at the right height. I do like how the vices work on the bench and was surprised at once I got it built and set in its place it almost feels like I have more space than before since the old tables did not really work in the space.