Hijack!

Llama

9 minutes ago, C Shaffer said:

Statistical median and mathematical median must have different meanings. 

me·di·an
ˈmēdēən/
adjective

1. 1.
    denoting or relating to a value or quantity lying at the midpoint of a frequency distribution of observed values or quantities, such that there is an equal probability of falling above or below it.

Not to harp on this much longer, but... The average is dependent on sample size. 

Not everyone is on FB, so I wanted to share a pic from the jam last night. :)

Fretless! Fearless! 

13692678_10210189894331993_9231218537825

With seven scores, 0-10-12-75-75-75-100, the median is 75. One score lies above the median because the median is nothing more than the center of the set. Three scores lie at the median with four being at or above and six being at or below. It is impossible to say if more will be above or below median because of how median is derived. This is how a few zeroes in a classroom test can skew data and is something to be avoided at all costs. It is not a measure that stands well on its own. Median is not an average. Average is the mean. 

1 hour ago, Llama said:
me·di·an
ˈmēdēən/
adjective

1. 1.
    denoting or relating to a value or quantity lying at the midpoint of a frequency distribution of observed values or quantities, such that there is an equal probability of falling above or below it.

Not to harp on this much longer, but... The average is dependent on sample size. 

Fretless! Fearless! 

I remember a post where you were saying your wear that ugly hat everywhere, even in the shower. Is this a pre-hat pic?

32 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I remember a post where you were saying your wear that ugly hat everywhere, even in the shower. Is this a pre-hat pic?

I have never said I wear an ugly hat everywhere. :) I wear my awesome llama hat everywhere... I had it last night, but it was SOFA king hot in there, and under lights... No way. I was sweating as it was. 

All this talk about intelligence. But like IQ is basically a meaningless term. It's only real importance is to to tv shows so they can say their main character has a 200 iq, that way you know you are in for some impressive stuff. Also a former co-worker of mine liked to advise everyone how high his was. I thought that was interesting since he was completely incompetent and I could code circles around him. 

Anyway, I'm stupider today. Why? Because I used CPES in the basement and let me tell you something - Waterlox got nothing on that stuff. It killed my brain. I are no good now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cliff said:

All this talk about intelligence. But like IQ is basically a meaningless term. It's only real importance is to to tv shows so they can say their main character has a 200 iq, that way you know you are in for some impressive stuff. Also a former co-worker of mine liked to advise everyone how high his was. I thought that was interesting since he was completely incompetent and I could code circles around him. 

Anyway, I'm stupider today. Why? Because I used CPES in the basement and let me tell you something - Waterlox got nothing on that stuff. It killed my brain. I are no good now.

I hate to ask this... but what were you before?  Me.. I'm an old Jerry Garcia song... "Old and in the way"  !

7 hours ago, Llama said:
me·di·an
ˈmēdēən/
adjective

1. 1.

Fretless! Fearless! 

slappa-da-bass-mon_zpsg2vehota.gif

32 minutes ago, Cliff said:

Obviously not very smart, as I opted to use CPES in the basement to start with!

Evidentially, I'm less smart than you.... I don't have a clue as to what CPES is. But then all these new fangled ways of communicating with acronyms, just leaves this old guy in the dust... to which I'll no doubt be part of sooner than most!

2 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Evidentially, I'm less smart than you.... I don't have a clue as to what CPES is. But then all these new fangled ways of communicating with acronyms, just leaves this old guy in the dust... to which I'll no doubt be part of sooner than most!

I think the whole acronyms thing got started because some people wanted to sound like they were smarter than other people. I never know what they mean so i guess they are smarter than me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RichardA said:

20 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I think the whole acronyms thing got started because some people wanted to sound like they were smarter than other people. I never know what they mean so i guess they are smarter than me.

Ha. It's clear penetrating expoxy sealer. I only know what it is cause Marc uses it in a couple of videos for outdoor projects. Which is what I'm working on as well.

2 hours ago, Cliff said:

I've managed or been on several compiler, developer tool and platform development teams.  In my experience, there is no correlation between high IQ and the ability to frequently write good code.  I've seen many people who's high IQ let them write indecipherable gibberish that didn't meet the needs. 

19 hours ago, sjk said:

I've managed or been on several compiler, developer tool and platform development teams.  In my experience, there is no correlation between high IQ and the ability to frequently write good code.  I've seen many people who's high IQ let them write indecipherable gibberish that didn't meet the needs. 

I think that someone bragging about how smart they are or high how their iq is tells me everything I need to know about that person and they are probably pretty stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I think that someone bragging about how smart they are or high how their iq is tells me everything I need to know about that person and they are probably pretty stupid. 

IQ is one measurement. There are many other factors that contribute to how someone will perform at a job or within a given skill set. People that brag about it probably don't understand what it means.