Hijack!

Llama

2 hours ago, midtnwoodworker said:

Having someone in my family who will one day be on the " short bus " comments like this really make me mad.

I know you probably aren't making fun of anyone with a disability intentionally, but that is how it comes across.

Sorry to be that guy but its hard to see comments like this and let it go anymore.

Rant over, carry on.

My #1 grandson literally does ride the short bus. These kind of comments don't bother me & we sometimes joke about it ourselves. It's never done in a mean or insulting way. The fact is that he's pretty severely autistic & riding the short bus is just part of his life & who he is. Not less than or more than us "normal" people, just different in some ways.

Just now, Mike. said:

That is like 100 posts each for the 10 of us morons who post here :)

Together we stand!! 

A quick look through the forum shows that this thread has the most replies. Also, has a very strong view to reply ratio. :)

4 hours ago, Llama said:

Tacos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

There are several good authentic Mexican taco places around my office. One in particular has barbacoa with potatoes and also a nopales with refried beans taco. If I could get them to ya fresh, I would!

1 minute ago, K Cooper said:

There are several good authentic Mexican taco places around my office. One in particular has barbacoa with potatoes and also a nopales with refried beans taco. If I could get them to ya fresh, I would!

Yeah, but you live in Texico

23 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Just kidding around. I took lessons for a while, about 10 years ago. Life just kept interfering with my practice time, so my progress was abysmal. Finally gave up the lessons, then got serious into this wood stuff. We all know that 6-string is quietly gathering dust in the corner now, don't we?

My acoustic certainly is. My three electrics are up for sale. In my case though it was due to arthritis and trigger finger issues. Just hurts too much to play.

12 hours ago, davewyo said:

It was 34 degrees F here this morning.

You know we're going to come back 6 mo. from now and throw this right back at ya! Ross is right, we currently use min pads on our elbows to keep our arms from sticking to our sides, but we won't have to plug our suv's in to start them come Nov. sorry OP for the hj.

51 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

You know we're going to come back 6 mo. from now and throw this right back at ya! Ross is right, we currently use min pads on our elbows to keep our arms from sticking to our sides, but we won't have to plug our suv's in to start them come Nov. sorry OP for the hj.

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Must be nice. Was over 85F in the shop this morning, with about 99.9998765% humidity.

No need to apologize for Hijacking the Hijacking thread Coop.:)

I just figured y'all would enjoy the contrast. I had to cover the flowers and veggies again tonight but I think we should be okay (say 38 to 40 deg. F over night).  My tomatoes are a sad, sad excuse for tomatoes. The hail kicked the crap out of them a month ago, the gale force winds pulverized them about a month ago, and the night time temps...well, let's just say we're not having a bumper-crop sort of year.

No humidity here Ross. That's the thing about the West. You have the "Dry Heat". I grew up in New England, and I know what you mean by oppressive 99%+ humidity.