Hijack!

Llama

21 hours ago, K Cooper said:

My tomatoes were gone a month ago with also, a bumper crop. What type do you plant?

Cliff, hopefully your family is safe?

Yup. We were watching the storm from inside. Probably not a good idea. 41% of the city lost power and it just looks like everyone in the entire joint hired tree trimmers last night. Pretty crazy. The street over from me a huge old tree went down in the middle of the street. Just missed a couple of cars. 

7 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

You offering lessons? emoji6.png

Hit up youtube, find someone teaching stuff and just start learning. Martyz is one I remember well. He is a very good teacher. Or if you want to spend the time and money, lessons are well worth it. I wish I had started lessons in 1995 when I began learning. 

Just kidding around. I took lessons for a while, about 10 years ago. Life just kept interfering with my practice time, so my progress was abysmal. Finally gave up the lessons, then got serious into this wood stuff. We all know that 6-string is quietly gathering dust in the corner now, don't we?

33 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Just kidding around. I took lessons for a while, about 10 years ago. Life just kept interfering with my practice time, so my progress was abysmal. Finally gave up the lessons, then got serious into this wood stuff. We all know that 6-string is quietly gathering dust in the corner now, don't we?

Just one 6 string? No, I have no idea what you mean... :D

8 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

So you finally got the parking space that is reserved for the kid that used to ride the short bus! :D

Having someone in my family who will one day be on the " short bus " comments like this really make me mad.

I know you probably aren't making fun of anyone with a disability intentionally, but that is how it comes across.

Sorry to be that guy but its hard to see comments like this and let it go anymore.

Rant over, carry on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike. said:

This is a real thing?

Yes and no...

I will try to explain what happened.

Our parking lot is separated from a larger parking lot by a metal fence. This fence was also poorly positioned allowing people to drive on the sidewalk through one of the spaces so they don't have to drive on the main road in order to cut through the other parking lot. In effect, breaking the law to save no time at all. Just doing it to be an ass. I didn't care either way. Then, one day the guy (yes, there is only one guy that likes to drive on the sidewalk to use this "shortcut") asked me to stop parking in the spot that would give him access to this route. This is after me parking there for well over 2 years. So, I did what anyone else would do, and I submitted a work request for that spot to be blocked off so nobody could park there, thereby giving him access. This was denied, and I dropped it. Some months later, a cop spotted him doing this but wasn't able to catch him as they were driving in different directions. The cop called our company and was referred to the building supervisor guy. Long story short, there are now two barriers installed to prevent this guy from driving on the sidewalk.

13663560_10210157275596545_798807748_o_z

• Like 2

Mel it's amazing what people do in the interest of thinking they are saving time.  However this reminds me of a time when I was asked to look at a building a client saw.  I drove around for 30 minutes trying to find the entrance to the site, finally I just drove over the curb and through the grass from a neighboring building.  I then found the entrance so I did exit properly. 

• Like 1

I've never worked anywhere with parking spaces.

I've lived in houses where the nearest parking space was 5 blocks away.

I've lived in places where the nearest safe parking space was in the next town.

In this city the traffic is so congested it's usually quicker to walk.

I don't bother owning a car any more.