What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

5 hours ago, Chet said:

Man, that song takes me way back.  And I will pretty much listen to anything involving Billy Gibbons.

Ross, any idea who the young girl playing bass is?  She was on stage with some pretty tall company there and holding her own.

Chet, the interwebs say that is Tal Wilkenfeld.

https://talwilkenfeld.com/

That particular video may actually be a hoax, created be a fan, from footage of another performance. Look close, the music and movement don't seem quite right. In any case, Gibbons and Beck did perform that song at a later date.

13 minutes ago, drzaius said:

I honestly didn't know squirrels were an eating thing until a few years ago. YouTube has tons of videos on how to clean & skin squirrels. I'd like to try them, but nobody eats them around here.

I got some good big grey ones in my yard they are sunflower feed. I could bag a couple and mail them your way... i'm sure there is nothing illigeal about that right?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Dark meat is a good comparison. I used to eat them in stew a lot, as a kid. Grandpa loved squirrel brains in his scrambled eggs, which totally grossed me out.

Mom used to cook them that way for us. As I remember, they weren’t half bad. But then again, we didn’t get much meat back then. A welcome relief from Spam.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gary Beasley said:

Not bad! What kind of joinery did you use on it?. Those feet look like pine, might want to swap that for something less inclined to rot when you get it in your garden permanently.

The feet are western red cedar. The arch is just made from material that is MUCH darker. I wish all western red cedar looked like that arch. When i mount it outside the feet will be discarded. I'll probably mount it on a pair of chain link fence posts sunk well into the ground and drilled into the bottom piece of the arch.

Joinery is floating M&T. I have it set up so that it can be taken apart and put back together easily. Right now it is pretty stable but i may need to pin the tenons to prevent it from falling apart. When i mount it outside I'll glue all the joints. Clamping is goign to be interesting so maybe doing draw boreing now is a good idea.