What did you do today?

5 hours ago, JohnG said:

It’s for my wife to store her quilting thread spools and bobbins. The brass pins are to keep them organized and in place, and can keep a spool with bobbin of matching thread together. I’ll take another pic when it’s in place and in use. 

Nice!!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My DIL has a sister (lives on the other side of the country) who is an extremely unfit parent, so they have taken on legal guardianship of he 7 YO son. So now I am his defacto grandfather. His other g

Just spent a very enjoyable few hours with @Ronn W when he stopped by on his way to Marc Adams woodworking school in Indiana. A great bowl of chili and some homemade sourdough bread with cupcakes for

Only because I didn't want to disappoint you, Ken, I used mesquite for trim on the doors and stiles. And to top it off, I used Lone Star pulls.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

image000000(2).jpg.8610a2290334fff45dab65edb696937a.jpg

All I can say is that sawyers don't get paid enough...

Can I get an 'Amen' out of @Spanky?

You've seen Spanky's set up, he don't do it like that., but then he has Cody as a working hand.   Do you have a rip chain on that?

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 10:55 AM, wtnhighlander said:

State of my house this morning -

20200925_081255.thumb.jpg.f6a2a603e515466c839946460afc9b6f.jpg

Foundation repairs under way. Of course, the main water line is between 2 of the holes, and we heard water running about 15 minutes after the crew left. So I spent the next 4 hours digging this out:

20200925_081311.thumb.jpg.1de4758625407515825c2aa6938e02a6.jpg

The plumber had to install the offset because of how much tension was on the line from movement when they started jacking up the house. I hated to call a plumber for a simple pipe joint, but no DIY plumbing job I have ever attempted has gone well, and the local hardware store was closing, anyway.

Ross, did they have to raise/level the whole house which would include drain lines as well? 

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Ross, did they have to raise/level the whole house which would include drain lines as well? 

No, just this front corner. The only drain line is a rain gutter drain, but there wasn't enough movement to affect it. I felt bad for the mexican crew that finished up yesterday. None of them would top 5' 5", and my footing is deep. Those guys were working with grade well above their heads as they jacked the new pilings into place.

Well this day has undoubtedly started in the most bizarre manner in recent memory. Maggie woke me up needing to go outside at 3:15, not unusual at her age. I let her out and am standing on the porch looking at the stars when I hear her get into it with something, growling and yelping. My worst fear living out here because she likes to go out in the field behind the house. She doesn't see very well and has lost her hearing. But I could tell she was still on the path and I ran as fast as I could to her. Maggie was on the ground and there was a huge buck standing over her threateningly. I tried yelling to scare it off but it just stood there in a stance like it would come after me at any second. Without thinking I smashed it in the nose and it hauled ass.
Maggie was scared but okay. I'm icing my hand.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, wtnhighlander said:

Glad to hear both of you are (relatively) unscathed! What type of deer are common out there?

Mule deer. And they're really not that common. We lived here maybe 3 years before I ever saw one. I think maybe he was asleep and Maggie just spooked it. I've found shed antlers in the yard lately and heard them run off when I opened the door, so I guess they're becoming more common.

• Like 1

Glad you're okay. I wish there was a video of this because knowing you got out okay it sounds pretty funny. I wonder what happened from the deer's perspective! 

I guess you'll have to devise a way to make sure nothing is out there at 3 AM going forward.

We helped our son make burial arrangements for his bride of two months, 37 yo beautiful lady. That’s a rough row to hoe. Don’t mean to be a downer, but just saying. 

• Sad 10

Coop so sorry for you and your family. So young and such a young marriage. I can't even begin to imagine what you're all going through. You know this community is here to help if there's anything we can do. Good luck taking care of your son.

• Like 1