What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Do you have June bugs and Love bugs and Fire ants? 

Nope, nope and defiantly no.

10 hours ago, Coop said:

I thought everyone had termites?

I think they exist in the state but I've never heard about them causing issues on houses or what not. Or maybe there is a species here that doesn't go after houses?

I never knew my yard had so much crap. From whirly jig thingys, lawn chairs, tomato cages, etc.. My biggest concern were my purple Martin houses. I can see them being 15 ft. tall missiles in 115 mph winds. All picked up and stowed away. Lull before the storm! 

4 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I’ve been using these for over a year for my ARS and I don’t think I’ve wasted a drop since then. got them at Woodcraft, get extra caps, if you tighten them too much they crack, trust me I know:( also the funnel, fits tight in a quart can makes filling the bag easyB4C63A22-8ED4-4AE0-B67C-4F83361A7A4D.jpeg.0e12e0a95785f475a3cf1e0b9cbc565a.jpeg

I’ll vouch for that. Dave got me started on these and no waste what so ever. And the funnel is worth every penny. 

• Like 2

+1 for the stoploss bags. They don't like shellac too much but still keep it contained. Every so often they go on sale at Woodcraft (and surely other places) and I'd pick up a pack or two just to have extras on hand. Don't forget to wash off the funnel after filling a bag. If you leave a thin film on the funnel it can be a huge PITA to clean it off later, depending on the finish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnG said:

+1 for the stoploss bags. They don't like shellac too much but still keep it contained. Every so often they go on sale at Woodcraft (and surely other places) and I'd pick up a pack or two just to have extras on hand. Don't forget to wash off the funnel after filling a bag. If you leave a thin film on the funnel it can be a huge PITA to clean it off later, depending on the finish.

I turn the funnel inside out and wipe it with a rag damp with mineral spirits, what’s your experience putting shellac in them John I was going to do that soon with a fresh can shellac I just bought 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

I turn the funnel inside out and wipe it with a rag damp with mineral spirits, what’s your experience putting shellac in them John I was going to do that soon with a fresh can shellac I just bought 

That’s how I clean it when I don’t forget <_<

C5D7A412-B8BE-4EDA-BB1B-130501979941.thumb.jpeg.8ada31679d4f76a2241a3bb9d166f934.jpeg8D89DEC9-2FBD-4C6D-92F6-F983F0948169.thumb.jpeg.4484f72c25c4728bca03c78aab2084ff.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Coop said:

John, can’t tell from the pics, has the shellac jelled or hardened. Good to know about cleaning the funnel. I’m one or maybe only numbnut that pick the flakes out before using it again. 

Sorry, I should have included an explanation. The shellac is fine, the bag just bubbled up a bit. It’s like the bag is multiple layers and one of them reacted to the shellac. No leakage or issues, it’s just that the bag is bumpy now. 

6 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I’ve been using these for over a year for my ARS and I don’t think I’ve wasted a drop since then. got them at Woodcraft, get extra caps, if you tighten them too much they crack, trust me I know:( also the funnel, fits tight in a quart can makes filling the bag easyB4C63A22-8ED4-4AE0-B67C-4F83361A7A4D.jpeg.0e12e0a95785f475a3cf1e0b9cbc565a.jpeg

How do you store them?