What did you do today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My DIL has a sister (lives on the other side of the country) who is an extremely unfit parent, so they have taken on legal guardianship of he 7 YO son. So now I am his defacto grandfather. His other g

I took my son for his driving exam today, then whatched him drive home in my rearview mirror. His "new" car may be several years old, but you'd think it just rolled off the assembly line...

Only because I didn't want to disappoint you, Ken, I used mesquite for trim on the doors and stiles. And to top it off, I used Lone Star pulls.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Do you have June bugs and Love bugs and Fire ants? 

Nope, nope and defiantly no.

10 hours ago, Coop said:

I thought everyone had termites?

I think they exist in the state but I've never heard about them causing issues on houses or what not. Or maybe there is a species here that doesn't go after houses?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never knew my yard had so much crap. From whirly jig thingys, lawn chairs, tomato cages, etc.. My biggest concern were my purple Martin houses. I can see them being 15 ft. tall missiles in 115 mph winds. All picked up and stowed away. Lull before the storm! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I’ve been using these for over a year for my ARS and I don’t think I’ve wasted a drop since then. got them at Woodcraft, get extra caps, if you tighten them too much they crack, trust me I know:( also the funnel, fits tight in a quart can makes filling the bag easyB4C63A22-8ED4-4AE0-B67C-4F83361A7A4D.jpeg.0e12e0a95785f475a3cf1e0b9cbc565a.jpeg

I’ll vouch for that. Dave got me started on these and no waste what so ever. And the funnel is worth every penny. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for the stoploss bags. They don't like shellac too much but still keep it contained. Every so often they go on sale at Woodcraft (and surely other places) and I'd pick up a pack or two just to have extras on hand. Don't forget to wash off the funnel after filling a bag. If you leave a thin film on the funnel it can be a huge PITA to clean it off later, depending on the finish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JohnG said:

+1 for the stoploss bags. They don't like shellac too much but still keep it contained. Every so often they go on sale at Woodcraft (and surely other places) and I'd pick up a pack or two just to have extras on hand. Don't forget to wash off the funnel after filling a bag. If you leave a thin film on the funnel it can be a huge PITA to clean it off later, depending on the finish.

I turn the funnel inside out and wipe it with a rag damp with mineral spirits, what’s your experience putting shellac in them John I was going to do that soon with a fresh can shellac I just bought 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

I turn the funnel inside out and wipe it with a rag damp with mineral spirits, what’s your experience putting shellac in them John I was going to do that soon with a fresh can shellac I just bought 

That’s how I clean it when I don’t forget <_<

 

C5D7A412-B8BE-4EDA-BB1B-130501979941.thumb.jpeg.8ada31679d4f76a2241a3bb9d166f934.jpeg8D89DEC9-2FBD-4C6D-92F6-F983F0948169.thumb.jpeg.4484f72c25c4728bca03c78aab2084ff.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Coop said:

John, can’t tell from the pics, has the shellac jelled or hardened. Good to know about cleaning the funnel. I’m one or maybe only numbnut that pick the flakes out before using it again. 

Sorry, I should have included an explanation. The shellac is fine, the bag just bubbled up a bit. It’s like the bag is multiple layers and one of them reacted to the shellac. No leakage or issues, it’s just that the bag is bumpy now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, treeslayer said:

I’ve been using these for over a year for my ARS and I don’t think I’ve wasted a drop since then. got them at Woodcraft, get extra caps, if you tighten them too much they crack, trust me I know:( also the funnel, fits tight in a quart can makes filling the bag easyB4C63A22-8ED4-4AE0-B67C-4F83361A7A4D.jpeg.0e12e0a95785f475a3cf1e0b9cbc565a.jpeg

How do you store them?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.