What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

I need to replace some trim molding around the glass in a steel exterior door. Original molding is some sort of plastic, and appears glued on with a foamy polyurathane product. An recommendations for adhering the new painted wood trim to the steel, and sealing it to the glass? I'm thinking Lexel for the sesl, but will it suffice as an adhesive, too?

Got more sleep last night than the previous two combined. Too many late nights and early morning meetings this week. Fortunately they made sure we had plenty of free time and got to do some fun things. Saw a flamenco show at a Michelin 1 star restaurant and had a walking tour in Toledo Spain.

Nice to be back home.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 9:52 AM, legenddc said:

Do you heat your house only with wood? I would have guessed you don't with the solar water heater and Tesla. At least with keeping the generator you can charge your Tesla in a pinch. :D

Try to! But our upstairs isn’t hooked up to it so that still runs some. We sometimes run the downstairs heat pump for a short while in the spring and fall. The hot water produces much warmer air at the vents than a heat pump. The solar water heating panels cycle the same 700-750gal that is heated by the wood boiler. There’s a domestic hot water coil immersed in the water tank, so it heats the house and heats our hot water as well. We have an electric water heater but it doesn’t run much, between the sun and the wood.

And yes, the generator can be a backup for charging the car if needed B)

Solar panels are going on the roof soon, just signed the paperwork today.

• Like 1

Been there before. I try to do in-store pickup at some stores when I doubt they have what the claim they do online. The auto-parts stores by us seem to have no inventory or half of what you need (pads but not the rotors). I once had to buy a 10-12 piece socket set because the store didn't have the one size I needed.

How's everything going with the little one?

On 9/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Chestnut said:

I was going to change the spark plugs on Megan's Forester. I realized that i borrowed out my spark plug socket since i did the plugs on my WRX.

Didn't know that you were a Subaru family.  Larraine and I each have a Forester.  Really like them.

• Like 1

Ronn, I hope she fits in. 

My Mom was in Assisted Living for a little over a year, when she was 104, and actually enjoyed all the social interactions with other residents, and staff.  I also had an Aunt, who never had children, that was in Assisted Living that I looked after for 6 years.

My Mother came back to live with us for the past two years because neither she nor we could afford an extra 10K a month of expenses after she had a stroke, and was paralyzed on one side.  Also, she is clear headed most of the time, and nursing homes are depressing for a clear mind.

My Wife visited every Assisted Living place in a 50 mile radius from us, and found that good one for my Mother.  She did the same for the Rehab place my Mom is in right now after a fall out of bed.

I wish you all the best of luck.  People who haven't been there have no idea what is involved.  Everyone says it's a "blessing" to have such aged Parents, and I agree it is, but it is also a major commitment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ronn W said:

Didn't know that you were a Subaru family.  Larraine and I each have a Forester.  Really like them.

Yep a Forester and a WRX.

I changed the spark plugs and took the forester for a spin .... dash lit up like a Christmas tree.... took the car to the autozone to read the code. Misfire on cylinder #2. Looks like i got a bad plug, or most likely the parts guy that dropped it on the floor actually damaged it.