What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

On 10/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, BillyJack said:

The problem....a metal roll around base cabinet will always be work more than a shop made roll around cabinet. A HF toolbox is worth more than a shop built toolbox. Maybe not to the person who made it, but to anybody else buying it..

I wrote that very unclearly. I meant for that the $400 Harbor Freight toolbox is a good deal. Especially when you consider what materials are these days.

In simple terms the term “custom woodworking” means building a one of a kind, single item from the raw wood to a finished project. It's a very different process than shopping at your local box store or favorite online “home goods” store.

try using google next time

On 10/7/2022 at 6:24 PM, BillyJack said:

Define custom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, pkinneb said:

Congrats!! Looks like a sweet lathe!

Thanks!! For the most part I'm going to be doing a bunch of 10" and smaller bowls/vessels. In the future though I'll probably get the bed extension for both sides.  There's a 20" that can go on the tail stock side and 10" (I think??) that can go on the head stock side that sits about 3" lower so you can turn bowls/platters up to 15" in diameter.  

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, BillyJack said:

"They can't" is the question..

Production cabinetry and custom was the question. . " they can't " was the response. ..

Calm down, he’s not attacking you. He’s stating that different shops/people/factories have different purposes and target customers.

Where in his post did he say production cabinetry? He said “factories.” There’s a difference. 

Of course, the “can’t” should really mean “won’t”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Might be worth putting a lip on the back so you're not stuck trying to fish something out of the bottom. Looks like it will be well worth the effort with all that storage!

Yeah, that thought came to me AFTER I cut the parts for the pull-outs. That's what drove the choice of non-skid shelf liner.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, wtnhighlander said:

provide much more convenient storage for cookware.

That should serve you well and make life much easier.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, wtnhighlander said:

non-skid shelf liner.

About 10 years back we started using linoleum flooring for shelf liners.  It doesn't slide around and is easy to take out to clean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1