What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Another long day..

I have to get the Christmas tree, etc from under the stairs. It’s the only time it’s cleared out enough to finish wiring for the stereo, tv, etc. I’ve been running wires around the wall for all these things to operate. I believe I have two 6 ways connected. I’ve got two separator wirs back there. Hoping to make 2 4 ways from this.. I believe I use 12 gauge wire for both..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, Chestnut said:

How many of you empty the single use bags multiple times?

I do but I have never counted.  I don't think it has been as high as ten, I would guess six or seven before I replace it.  I found the trick is to just use the CT for the miter saw and sanding.  If you use it regularly to vacuum crud off the floor it becomes to hard to empty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chet said:

I do but I have never counted.  I don't think it has been as high as ten, I would guess six or seven before I replace it.  I found the trick is to just use the CT for the miter saw and sanding.  If you use it regularly to vacuum crud off the floor it becomes to hard to empty.

My miter saw bag seems to last a lot longer with the coarser dust. The fine dust from sanders seems to effect performance faster. When i worked with some western red cedar you get a nice side treat the extractives from the wood lodge in the bag and act as an air freshener for quite a long time. Turning the vac on resulted in some nice cedar scented air.

The floor sweep in my shop makes getting crud off the floor easy and fun. I know some don't like sweeping but when my DC is running  a lot of airborne dust gets removed quickly.

• Like 1