What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

On 12/12/2022 at 11:42 AM, Chestnut said:

When i worked with some western red cedar you get a nice side treat the extractives from the wood lodge in the bag and act as an air freshener for quite a long time.

That makes me want to cut some cedar just to get the effect. 

14 hours ago, Chet said:

That makes me want to cut some cedar just to get the effect. 

I think i had to do a bit more than just cut a few boards. It was an entire project with a lot of sanding etc.

I've also had the same effect with pine but not kiln dried pine. I Worked some air dried material and it hung in my DC for a long time. Made my shop smell like pinesol.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, Coop said:

I had my first cataract surgery yesterday. My follow up visit this morning to get the patch removed revealed that my sight in that eye went from 20/140 to 20/20. On the way home, I could easily read the street signs way before getting to them! 

You just reminded me of Feb 2020 when my dad had his first one done. Then COVID happened and he had to close one eye to see for 3 months. 

Hope you recover quickly and your shop isn’t too bright now! My dad ended up needing reading safety glasses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coop said:

I had my first cataract surgery yesterday. My follow up visit this morning to get the patch removed revealed that my sight in that eye went from 20/140 to 20/20. On the way home, I could easily read the street signs way before getting to them! 

Hurray! 

• Like 1

Ken, for the rough rounding, I drew a circle on top and free-handed at the bandsaw. Because the piece was still wedge-shaped at that point, the circle was a bit distorted into an ellipse. Now that I have a flat face with a center mark, I can use a centering jig to cut the circle true at the BS. But the plane kept me a lot warmer...:D

• Like 1

Fixed a heat pump that had quit altogether for $6.61.

The last time that happened and I called a pro, several years ago, he charged me $250 to replace a bad capacitor on another unit.  This morning paid for the meter I bought to be able to do such testing myself.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Fieldpiece-SC640-SC640-Loaded-Clamp-Meter-w-Swivel-Head-True-RMS

I have a Pro account there, so I get free shipping.  I ordered another backup.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Titan-Pro-TRCFD455-45-5-MFD-Round-Dual-Motor-Run-Capacitor-440-370V

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

• Like 2