What came in the mail today?

I used a Fahrenheat 240v 5000w hanging heater in my last shop- unfinished and uninsulated 20x20 garage, with the ceiling open to the rafters. 
It took a while to warm it up but it was great to take the edge off the cold. I eventually set up a thermostat for it and just kept it at ~50 to keep things from freezing or taking too long to warm up when I had time in the shop.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jussi said:

My CNC arrived last week.  Came while it was raining.  Luckily the UPS guy was nice enough to wait till I got home and didn't just leave it in front of my door to get soaked.  

My driver carries large trash bags for that circumstance. 

What do do you hope to do with the CNC?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@curlyoakHow long did it take your order to arrive? Their site says orders are 9-12 weeks behind.

When i bought my 1000 & 1000 HD off of Craig's list I gout a miter express as well. Today I ordered a longer fence to swap out with the really short useless one that comes on the 1000. I also ordered a replacement planel for the miter express. I'm going to give it a shot. I was originally going to get the 5000 but that seems like just too much of a miter gauge and I don't know if I'd like it.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:24 AM, Chestnut said:

@curlyoakHow long did it take your order to arrive? Their site says orders are 9-12 weeks behind.

I got it in 7 weeks. Might be they under promise and deliver early. A good policy. and if something goes wrong they still have time to resolve. The big benefit for me with the 5000 it now is the tool with the widest crosscut that is true and repeatable, And reliable in my shop. My 1000 is all of that button as wide of a cut.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...