What came in the mail today?

Circ saws are great for construction type work. I grab mine quite often when i need to cut construction lumber and furniture accuracy isn't needed.

It's also nice having a saw that you don't mind losing a few teeth to a nail. I probably need a new blade in my circular saw now as I'd bet it's missing 25% of it's teeth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, Chestnut said:

How much? I've been loving mine, one of the better purchases I've made.

Sorry I missed this. Got it (kit with charger and 2 batteries) and another bare tool for $200 total.

I really like it! I had high expectations and it has exceeded them! The way to grip it mentioned in another thread (I think?) is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 7:27 AM, legenddc said:

I keep wanting to pick up that Milwaukee drill or the impact/drill kit but I don’t really need it. Maybe I’ll find an excuse. 

Found this at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $10. C2505EC6-45E8-4010-B39B-7A876B8E74D7.thumb.jpeg.8c31a860ccfbd85dc10eab641d2d2160.jpeg

Also got these in from Rockler this week and already fixed my jointer issues. Need to check on some longer boards but I think it’s functional again. B1A43F47-8866-4F9F-BF5D-52E7BB5CEBFD.thumb.jpeg.04a303e4fcfb8101920418289f0da427.jpeg

Would you recommend that jig for anyone with straight knives on their jointer, or only if you're having problems? 

On 11/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, Jonathan McCully said:

Would you recommend that jig for anyone with straight knives on their jointer, or only if you're having problems? 

If you're able to set up your jointer fine without it, you might as well save your money. I was struggling and for $32 it's a lot cheaper than a helical head.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, Coop said:

It ain’t Woodworking but next best thing. We only get the flavored stuff here and not the real thing. Won’t mention his name but he is a member here. Totally unexpected. Thanks Dave!

They just had a story on the morning news a couple of days ago.  The maple syrup industry dipped into their strategic reserve in an attempt to keep from having to raise prices.  They are starting to have substandard harvests because of weather changes.  

You better nurse that stuff Coop.

• Thanks 1