What came in the mail today?

21 hours ago, Robby W said:

Let us know if they are better than regular combo squares. I am curious it they are worth the extra money.

In all honestly, I doubt anything Woodpeckers makes is worth the money. But they are nice. I like the indexes in particular and I'm always on the lookout for another square. I have 3 or 4 that just do not lock. One is a brand new 4" Starrett that I never ended up returning so it just sits there. 

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

In all honestly, I doubt anything Woodpeckers makes is worth the money. 

I typically agree with this statement. That being said I own several of their measurement products but the two that I would not be without are the 6" stainless steel Paolini Pocket rule $42.99 I have had for years and the 12" Hook Rule $39.99 which is a more recent addition. Both are stainless which I find to be much easier to read then their red tools. While insane prices for a 6 and 12" rules they are worth every penny in my book. The rest of the stuff I have while nice would probably not be purchased again. for squares I still prefer my Starrett's.

11 hours ago, jussi said:

Veritas shooting board and lie Nielsen honing guide. Bought both second hand.  LN used but looks to be in great condition. Shooting board was nib.  I got the shooting plane a couple years ago well before they even made the shooting board but I kind of forgot about it and sat unused till I got around to making a shooting board. Turns out I was just waiting for LV to make one for me lol

52C1A523-98DB-408B-B828-5ED7BD6B5A10.jpeg

BD85D803-4C8A-47F9-A779-2FF8128793AB.jpeg

0AAAFBC4-B832-43A1-9779-3211B3B581CC.jpeg

Well that looks familiar :)

I finished mine last week. 

sb.jpg.6812a1250c6805620a6acf7275558888.jpg

So far I like it but have only used it for test cuts. I really like the honing guide I have been using it for a few years now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

I use to have a 24” ss ruler that actually started the measurement from the end, rather than coming in a tad to start. Darned if I know what happened to it and would pay dearly or close, for another one. 

FWIW the hook rules do that one side is left to right the other is right to left.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaarrgghh! I ordered some PMV-11 plane and cap irons from Lee Valley back in early February. At the time, they said they were back ordered until March. And then April. And then June. And then July 2nd. And now July 30th. Patience, Robby, patience. I called and they said that they are having problems sourcing the powdered metal. Oh, well.

• Sad 3