What came in the mail today?

13 hours ago, Chet said:

I have looked at the Foredom tools for a long time.  They look like they would be nicer to use then a Dremel.  The thing that keeps me from going for it is I start to realize I don't use my Dremel all that much.

I hope to do some more inlay work where it will come in handy. One of the reasons I went this route is becuase of the noise my Dremel makes after about a minute the high pitched whinny sound drives me nuts.

2 hours ago, Tom King said:

I have that Stewmac mini router plunge base.  I use it with cordless Dremel, and Milwaukee motors.  It's a nice little tool.  I use the smallest spiral bits I could find.  It's pretty easy to freehand to a line.

Good to know I glued up some test pieces last night to give it a try this weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Coop said:

John, just curious. How do they account for the qty of 10,000, by weight?

“They” say there are about 3500 per pound. Around here bees are typically sold as a 3lb package. Of course I’m sure it’s just approximated. 

1 minute ago, Mick S said:

They count legs.

Reminds me of a time during my bee class when the professor was talking about the people who first studied and learned what the bee dances mean. A classmate asked “How did they get the bees to dance?” With a straight face he said, “You tickle them.” and then continued on for a couple minutes before going back and explaining how they had set up a makeshift hive to observe the bees naturally doing the dances.

• Like 1

Around here, it is crawfish season and they go from $5 live to $9 cooked per pound, whole. That equates to the meat costing as much per ounce as Japanese Wagyu. I bet if bees were edible, they would exceed that. Bee etouffee, maybe not?