What came in the mail today?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JohnG said:

I picked up a CT MINI from festool recon and it arrived today. 

I was thinking about getting the Mini as well but wanted something with even more portability.  I ended up getting this at the recon sale.  So far I love it.  Just wish it had BT.  Just waiting for the other shipment to arrive. 

Let us know how you like the Mini

IMG_9988.jpg

I recently used my OF1400 for the first time with the dust shroud under the base plate for some edge routing. HOLY SMOKES the dust and chip collection is top notch on that thing. Normally my stomach pants and shoes would be filled with dust after edge routing operations and now there wasn't a spec.

11 hours ago, jussi said:

I was thinking about getting the Mini as well but wanted something with even more portability.  I ended up getting this at the recon sale.  So far I love it.  Just wish it had BT.  Just waiting for the other shipment to arrive. 

Let us know how you like the Mini

I really want one of these. I just lugged my CT 26 around the house and realized the bag must be close to full cause the thing is HEAVY. I should try and sell all my other shop vacs and see if i can generate enough funds for one of these guys.

I have a mini that runs my miter saw and it functions identically to the 26 I have. They are defiantly luxury items but it's a really nice luxury.

• Like 1

My larger vac is a 36 with a boom arm and that thing is as non portable as a vac gets.   I have an older Fein (non hepa) that I use for the mitersaw station but that is a little too bulky for me as well. But then again.  Maybe I’m just lazy :)

This might be old hat to some of you but there are aftermarket bags for the vacs now which are much cheaper than festool. The ones I saw are from powertec and you can get them through amazon. No experience yet but I just ordered my first set yesterday. Reviews seem good though

I empty the festool bags multiple times before disposing so i don't really find them to be expensive. I don't do a lot of large chip type work so the sanding dust and domino dust empties out the hole very easily.

Never reaslized how many other brands have started copying the CT vac. Bosch and Makita now have one i'm sure there are more but

I missed the whole recon event... I don't get emails any more about stuff either. I'd be more than willing to part with money but it's hard to spend if I don't know the products are available.... Oh well my gain their loss.

21 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I missed the whole recon event... I don't get emails any more about stuff either. I'd be more than willing to part with money but it's hard to spend if I don't know the products are available.... Oh well my gain their loss.

The emails have been very spotty for me all along and I haven’t received any since before the start of covid. I just happened to check it one day and there were several pages of items. I bought the vac and then mentioned it in the Hijack thread, and a few minutes later when I checked the site again it was over. I’d imagine that they would probably have quicker sales on some of the slow moving items if their email system actually worked. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:20 PM, Coop said:

I got the Bosch blades today that @Chetsuggested and tried the Milwaukee on a piece of 8/4 cherry and it was like melted butta! Badass combo! 

I broke down 60’ of cypress today, and yeah it’s soft wood, but I’ll never get the circ saw out for these cuts again. 

Of course NOW the CT MIDI is on festoolrecon.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, JohnG said:

I was debating between the MINI and the CT-15, but ended up with the MINI. Initially I was watching for a MIDI or 26, but then the MINI and 15 both came up on the recon site and I decided to go ahead and jump on one. 

10 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Great score on that level switch, Frank! Given the dimensions of the typical home woodshop DC waste bin, that is probably the best possible sensor for the job. 

About the only other level sensor that is just as good for this application is the rotating vane type. They are also very expensive & the big vanes would be awkward to implement in a small bin like I've got.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 6:18 PM, JohnG said:

I picked up a CT MINI from festool recon and it arrived today. 

I opened this up today and was surprised to find it largely covered in sawdust. I’m assuming it was from them testing the unit, but I was surprised because the other two items I have bought from them gave no indication at all that they were reconditioned units. Excited to use it today regardless.