What came in the mail today?

Speaking of vacuum cleaners, I can't remember how many Sears vacuums we have up in the loft of the barn, but I'm sure it's over 10.  It seems like they lasted 2, or 3 years.  I may have even thrown them away, but don't remember.  Pam would just buy a new one, when one developed some problem.

Finally, she got tired of replacing the Sears vacuums, and also probably because the nearest store closed, but she came home with a Miele several years ago.  It's like the designers at Mercedes, and BMW got together, and designed a vacuum cleaner.  I'm sure she deducted the cost as necessary for the dog business.  We don't have carpets.  The dogs don't shed, but they make good mops for dragging stuff in from outside.

• Like 1

You’d think that with waiting over a month for the bar I’d have plenty of time to assemble my granberg (which I got before I ordered the saw) before the saw was ready... but you’d be wrong. I’ll get it put together this weekend. Now I just need to find some trees to mill!

6 hours ago, JohnG said:

You’d think that with waiting over a month for the bar I’d have plenty of time to assemble my granberg (which I got before I ordered the saw) before the saw was ready... but you’d be wrong. I’ll get it put together this weekend. Now I just need to find some trees to mill!

Hey John your way ahead of me I have had mine for 4 years and its still not put together :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

neither of which leave a flat bottom.

I use one of my dado blades for flat bottom stuff.  I never really thought about a dedicated blade because I had the dado.

I will be interested to see how your new blade works.  It looks identical to mine except mine is the red finish.  When I cut a grove with mine it is mostly flat with a small bat ear on one side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I use one of my dado blades for flat bottom stuff.  I never really thought about a dedicated blade because I had the dado.

:o Dang it I didn't even thing about the dado stack... Only reason i wanted full kerf was because i have a bunch of stock sanded to 1/8" that's ready to go.

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I will be interested to see how your new blade works.  It looks identical to mine except mine is the red finish.  When I cut a grove with mine it is mostly flat with a small bat ear on one side.

The key is to make sure that it has the FTG grind. The 30 tooth glue line rip is an TCG (triple chip grind) which leaves bat ears. My combination blade is an ATB-R grind or alternating bevel with raker. That also leaves bat ears.

I was going to get this blade with the red finish but it was out of stock and i have some picture frames to make. I don't do splines for show but i like the reinforcement.

• Like 1